Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine pull party this Saturday

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Engine pull party this Saturday

After sitting around all weekend while everyone was having fun at TWS, I can't imagine missing Hallett, especially if my block/heads are salvageable. That will make for a looong summer.

Went ahead and cleaned up the garage this weekend, going to pull the motor this Saturday in Spring. Could use some help from anyone that's free/nearby. We will pull motor, do a leakdown, remove accessories/manifolds and load it in my truck for me to take it back to the machine shop that built it on Monday, all while enjoying some pizza/beer/soda...

Anyone got a leakdown tester and engine stand I could borrow?
    Last edited by Pranav; 04-27-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    After sitting around all weekend while everyone was having fun at TWS, I can't imagine missing Hallett, especially if my block/heads are salvageable. That will make for a looong summer.

Went ahead and cleaned up the garage this weekend, going to pull the motor this Saturday in Spring. Could use some help from anyone that's free/nearby. We will pull motor, do a leakdown, remove accessories/manifolds and load it in my truck for me to take it back to the machine shop that built it on Monday, all while enjoying some pizza/beer/soda...

Anyone got a leakdown tester and engine stand I could borrow?
    Pranav, you're welcome to use my leakdown tester. I'm booked out this weekend but let me know if you need help futher down the road. It'd be interesting to see how they manage to cram so much stuff so far back in an engine bay....

Sorry bud, plans for saturday not to mention my engine is also bad. Again.
    Al Fernandez

Blog Entries
    What'd you break?

Blog Entries
    Found a stand, Craig thanks, will let you know! Someone may bring one...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Poor Al. His 9 year old engine finally let go!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    Suggest doing the leak down before you pull the engine. What is going on with the engine that it needs to go back to the builder?
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Blog Entries
    Motor basically siezed during practice; I was getting a tapping noise that turned into a lugging, so I clutched in and it shut off by itself. It refused to turn over again by the corner station. Flat towed back to the pits. Starter was barely able to turn motor over on a full charge, it looked like it was getting stuck on a cylinder or something.

Half the water in the radiator is gone and oil is milky with water in it. Water never got hot (215-220 normal, 230 at failure), oil temps were starting to skyrocket (climbed to 280 at 60% pace, I never got hotter than 230 previously) right before failure.

I will do a leakdown, but not so sure this is anything I can fix myself in the engine bay...
    Last edited by Pranav; 04-28-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Motor basically siezed during practice; Starter was barely able to turn motor over on a full charge, it looked like it was getting stuck on a cylinder or something.
    Pffttt... i have one, a TWS casualty, I can't turn over with a breaker bar.

Still hate that you have to deal with it.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Lost my LT1 at TWS back in 2011.
    Switched to LS, and we've seen how well that's gone for me...
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117