Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2014 Summer Shootout Smack Talk!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I had a long conversation with Will yesterday about Texas compared to the rest of NASA. Most of it was very positive. As for the format at Hallett, still up in the air but hopefully getting close. I suggested grabbing last years format/schedule, wash, rinse and repeat. I think Dave is already on that path.

However, Dave, I suggested that you and Will need to get on the same step to kill some confusion of who is in charge and to empower your series directors to push info to racers and receive info requests. If you want everything to come to you, your phone will spontaneously combust!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    30 minutes for the final race sounds good to me. IIRC, it was a 30 minute final race last year as well.

Dave, with some late departures for Thunder this year, how about Thunder gets an early final race for Hallett?
    Well what we were told at TWS was another group whined more. If my kids whine I give them less than what they would have if they were well behaved so I didn't like to hear that we were suppossed to whine about it. I also disagree that SM is the only thing that can go 45 minutes-we have had several years of 40 minute finals at Hallett.
    Last edited by cjlmlml; 05-29-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Well what we were told at TWS was another group whined more. If my kids whine I give them less than what they would have if they were well behaved so I didn't like to hear that we were suppossed to whine about it. I also disagree that SM is the only thing that can go 45 minutes-we have had several years of 40 minute finals at Hallett.
    30 minutes is fine.......just like the last two years.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    That's funny Bryan because that is exactly what happened to blitz. Less track time.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not looking good for me guys. I dont have my motor back yet.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I don't have my motor either but I'll be there. Hope to get the motor in next weekend if all goes well.
    I also found out my A-hole boss three levels above me needs me at work the Friday before Hallett for some training. I guess requesting off 4 months ago means nothing. So instead of breaking in the motor and doing suspension adjustments on Friday, I will be arriving at the track after midnight. There better be some of y'all still awake to have a beer with me when I get there.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This was my last free weekend to get it in. The girls have tournaments every weekend from here on out. Working towards World Series stuff for July.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    This was my last free weekend to get it in. The girls have tournaments every weekend from here on out. Working towards World Series stuff for July.
    Very cool... we don't have that many years of our girls doing these type of things is why it is harder and harder to find time to race.

We headed to Mexico this weekend for family vacation....then three straight weekends of basketball tournaments.

AIX>>> Maybe. I'm in the middle of a project that may not be complete by Hallett so doing AIX is an alternative. I won't know for sure until the week of 16th.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    I'll be there hoping to lead the CMC-2 field...you know, the ones still on RA1s
    Anybody else RA1-ing this thing?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!