Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Hallett Media

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Several drivers (Sam, both Brian’s, and a few others) ask if we were getting a lot of chatter from the front tires while turning......we were. Also the RR’s squeal like hell when pushed. Got lucky after four years of not finishing R4 we had a second year of making every lap. In fact had I not screwed up in R2 we may have started on the pole or at least P2 but it was not to be. Hallett is still the best place we race.

JJ
    My Doral R195/65/14s were chattering pretty good especially at T2... FYI 400 treadwwear.. The Falkins on the rear seamed to hold up better .

As usuall, you guys put on a great show...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    My Doral R195/65/14s were chattering pretty good especially at T2... FYI 400 treadwwear.
    RENEGADE! You just need more horsepower, a suicide knob, and exhaust flames... oh, and lose the synchros.

I wish I had video of R4. We got a little hung up taking the Redneck Motorhome back and got flustered. I'm sitting in the car with the National Anthem playing and realize my helmet strap isn't done. Scott's trying to get the GoPro to come on and record and it never crossed our mind the longer races would have used up the memory card. No proof now that the darn 55 was giving me the Lienart on the start and I had to push them out of the way.

Let's go with this for now: http://vimeo.com/98996021

You'll have to get with Gary and the year end vid to see the Alford 'exit stage left' up close like...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    What an awesome weekend! First time I've ever been to Hallett and didn't spend the whole time either working on the car or watching from the bleachers with a broken car on the trailer. Had to make 3 trips to the dyno beforehand to sort out a sketchy fuel pump but they were well worth it.

I struggled a bit on Saturday, running a full 3 seconds off the front runners. Started 4th and finished 4th in R1, started 9th and finished 6th in R2. I didn't touch the car Saturday night except to rotate tires and replace brake pads. Thanks to Marshall for the assist - got it all knocked out in record time. Started R3 in 6th place, got a great start and won! My best inverted race ever. Mark Smith was all over me at the end and I almost threw it away in T2 but barely held on to squeak out the win. It was an ugly 12/10's sort of lap though. That win put me in P2 for the big show. Got a great start but so did Mark (polesitter)...he out-dragged me to T1 by half a car, Marshall and Bill followed him through on the inside line. Spent the whole race after that chasing Bill, who drove a stellar race. Never made a big enough mistake for me to capitalize on and figured out quickly how to defend in the one place I had an advantage (the bitch). Marshall broke and pulled off in the first few laps, which put me in third for a podium finish.

The late night shenanigans were even more fun than the racing. Good times
    Last edited by Casey_SS; 06-24-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I'm sitting in the car with the National Anthem playing
    I really enjoyed that, and the roar after the fact.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Was I the only one who found it ironic that they played the national anthem for a Championship race full of cars...

...on Japanese tires?

What a great weekend! Saturday night was lots of fun, Sunday morning...not so much. I warmed up my tires as much as I could without throwing up in my helmet. But once the race started, I was all good. R1 followed Jim and breathed in about half a quart of his oil but I had nothing for him. R2 and 3 were a blast! I had a fun little battle with Casey in R3. R4 I got a good lead because of people battling each other behind me.

My biggest accomplishment for the weekend was a standing start with out losing a spot.

Glad I didn't fix my damage from TWS since I got hit in the same exact spot.

Here is R2 and R3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TyJ...GXesGxAN1WggiU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXE...esGxAN1WggiUhg
    Last edited by smitty328; 06-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    giving me the Lienart?

What mean WFO?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I think I hit the only thing at the track yet to be touched by Lineart:

Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    giving me the Lienart?

What mean WFO?
    You know, you guys in the cheater 55, be brake checkin' an inferior platform 4th gen...

I was bummed to not have any R4 footage. Of course it was just the 55 for a bit and then watching your other show pony friends.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    What a great weekend! Saturday night was lots of fun, Sunday morning...not so much. I warmed up my tires as much as I could without throwing up in my helmet. But once the race started, I was all good. R1 followed Jim and breathed in about half a quart of his oil but I had nothing for him. R2 and 3 were a blast! I had a fun little battle with Casey in R3. R4 I got a good lead because of people battling each other behind me.

My biggest accomplishment for the weekend was a standing start with out losing a spot.

Glad I didn't fix my damage from TWS since I got hit in the same exact spot.

Here is R2 and R3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TyJ...GXesGxAN1WggiU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXE...esGxAN1WggiUhg

Must be really aggravating to see a double yellow then get passed by two cars then two corners later there is no double yellow and you lost your position.