Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COTA this weekend

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    it's always more than simple math tho :-/
    Always more than simple math, and I will continue to argue that a purpose built F1 track on the current F1 schedule will have more allure and value than any other track in the country.

Ken and I have discussed online why COTA is so arrogant and expensive. He argues that there are plenty of other tracks with F1 history, that there are plenty of other tracks that are at the COTA level of condition and facilities.

My position still stands: purpose built and on the current schedule

Just curious, is the track that good or is the F1 connection really why you want to drive it?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    The track and facilities are just that good and like no other here in Texas or within a thousand miles.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    The track and facilities are just that good and like no other here in Texas or within a thousand miles.
    How far is Barber? I have never been there but I was told it is the nicest in the US. I also heard they get less than half what COTA gets. For me I say screw-them (COTA). Not that is makes a difference but the grass roots supported them and once they got open they don't need us.

JJ

One of our customers brought his Indy car that was driven by Michael Andretti in 1986. It's like a time capsul. image.jpg

Beautiful weather too! The track is really grippy now that the pavement is good and broken in with all the rubber on it.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 06-29-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Barber's track itself is a little boring to me. Total package I'd rank it behind VIR

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    One of our customers brought his Indy car that was driven by Michael Andretti in 1986. It's like a time capsul. image.jpg

Beautiful weather too! The track is really grippy now that the pavement is good and broken in with all the rubber on it.

Very cool!!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    How far is Barber? I have never been there but I was told it is the nicest in the US. I also heard they get less than half what COTA gets. For me I say screw-them (COTA). Not that is makes a difference but the grass roots supported them and once they got open they don't need us.

JJ
    Barber is beautiful... Don't go off tho... they charge a resodding fee

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Barber is beautiful... Don't go off tho... they charge a resodding fee
    I wish people would stop spreading this misinformation. Original track management would, yeah. They also didn't work there anymore past around year 2 of the place being open.... they're LONG GONE now.

Current management is actually fairly reasonable. They're a bit high on their armco replacement rates, but aren't going out there and measuring your 4-off marks and billing for that stuff anymore. Plus some of the common run-off areas are now paved anyway.
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 07-01-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

COTA measures the distance of your Armco damage haha

Barber you pay by the section - most cars take out two or three rows and then multiply by how many sections you slide down and dent.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"