Thread: Anyone here raced in COMMA?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Anyone here raced in COMMA?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Chris
    Bud?
    Shannon Matus
    Wayne?

I heard it was great fun. I will definitely go if stupid NASA doesnt go back to Hallett next year.

COMMA is a lot of fun. They only have 3 classes, if you are too fast for a class, they put in a faster class. Done. Run what you brung.
    What was your takeaway?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    And at a tick over $200 for a weekend ...

Maybe we can coordinate a couple weekends for a group of us "yankees" to go north.

The spring is completely out for me. Work schedule keeps me from participating.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'm up for running a restrictor plateless weekend. maybe i can find some 315 hoosiers for my 17x11 wheels.
    post the schedule and lets talk about what weekend looks best.

It is always the last weekend of the month, mar-oct. http://www.hallettracing.net/
    What was your takeaway?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BSharp
    It is always the last weekend of the month, mar-oct. http://www.hallettracing.net/
    Sounds like May be the month! :wink:

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Instead of us all running off to race with COMMA, lets imagine for a moment - hyperthetically speaking - that there was another NASA region formed to run North TX and OK?

Existing NASA TX could run the southern tracks - TWS, MSRH, and maybe Grandsport if/when it becomes usable - and the northern group could run MSRC, Hallett, Eagles Canyon and maybe Racers Ranch if that pans out?

Texas is after all a big state and a big population with a bunch of tracks - and it's growing bigger than it seems that one regional body can cater for? It would be a similar situation to how it is in CA, with North and South regions?

Of course there would be quite a bit of cross over with racers easily able to run events in both regions - and with 10 to 12 weekends between them, we would have no shortage of opportunity to race? (6 weekends just doesn't cut it for me - it's hard ot justify the cost of building a race car and attracting sponsors just to run half a dozen weekends per year!)

Would there be any interest/support if this could happen?
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Yes! However, let's walk before we can run because the field is so small now, cut that in half and racing against 3 cars isn't any fun.

Given the weather here in Texas, we should be running an event each month from February to November with the one break for nationals. Then I can justify the costs..... 6 events..., sounds like time to start a race car RENTAL business!

Daron,

Has any more come of a "Texas Iron" exhibition with The Drivers Edge? There are some gaps in the schedule that could be filled by a MSR-C 3.1 race.