Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyo Tires - CMC size: Price??

Toyo Tires - CMC size: Price??

Seems like it has been a year since I bought Toyos, was wondering where everyone is getting them these days and the price? I need two right away for the upcoming MSRH event. In the past I just called Vilven for shaved tires but I can't even recall the price anymore, anyone got another good supplier for shaved?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Call AJ at Performance Speedtech.

PST has been a good supporter of our local series. And it appears they are stepping up to offer more for CMC.

Thx Mitch, I like to support those who support us. PST has no issues with the shaved portion? I seem to recall an old thread where we heard some nightmare shave jobs but with my foggy memory can't remember who/when/where lol.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Phil and Kim are good peeps as well.

http://philstireservice.com/

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    Thx Mitch, I like to support those who support us. PST has no issues with the shaved portion? I seem to recall an old thread where we heard some nightmare shave jobs but with my foggy memory can't remember who/when/where lol.
    I believe that was at Archer's ...

Having said that, I have 4 new shaved Toyos that will be rocks by the time I get to us them next time.

I bought them just before Hallett and put a single, easy heat cycle on them.

Maybe we can make a deal if you are so inclined. I can get Glenn to deliver them to Houston track on Friday.

Sure thing Mitch, shoot me a PM with the price and hopefully we can cut a deal if Glenn has room to haul them. Thx!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I've talked with AJ at PST. He buys his tires from Vilven, both shaved and full tread. He doesn't have a specific agreement with Toyo... at least not 6 months ago when we discussed it.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    I believe that was at Archer's ...
    My tires from Archer are round and balanced... no problems here...
    I even talked with Bobby about it, he claimed it was one set and an isolated situation.

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan

My tires from Archer are round and balanced... no problems here...
    I even talked with Bobby about it, he claimed it was one set and an isolated situation.
    ah, I bought my current set from Archer at TWS. two were great. Another was shaved but still had significantly more tread than the 'normal' shaved. No, I didn't measure them. And the last one? well it was baaaddd. uneven shaving and nicks and minor groving. I needed tires then or I wouldn't have bought these. I'll be thinking ahead next time and order else where.
    I will say his service was friendly and his price was inline with Vilven, just poor shave job on two of the tires.....
    Kinda disappointing really as I would like to support the vendors who show up to the track and offer good service and pricing (for tires).
    Dust Collector