Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schedule for Challenger 7

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    LOL. Hey Matt, the one thing I think you have to admit is that YOU and I are the two biggest bitchers and complainers on this board - period.
    wow, good to know. guess i'm off the hook. cool! :P

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97

LOL. Hey Matt, the one thing I think you have to admit is that YOU and I are the two biggest bitchers and complainers on this board - period.
    Completely agree with you Mr. Bell, however, I think we BOTH have figured out it doesn't work, is counter productive and have decided to let go. Just looking for the rest of the group to figure out the same thing and start racing again... We have more important shit to worry about right?! :lol:
    Hell, I forget most of the time and still rant on. Then I get a friendly nudge from one of my fellow racers and act nice for a short time again. Rinse and repeat. :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Matt, i'm sure this will be spoken about @ the drivers meeting saturday morning.

speaking of which, what happens to those who miss the drivers meeting on saturday morning? :?
    I believe it is ultimately up to the Race Director but the CCR states "yu no race today!"......

Since I'm instructing and will have the track walk on Saturday morning #1 and the 1st session of the day on Sunday morning #2... I need to talk with Clifton about still being able to race

I just want to let you guys know that I'll have to get the abreviated version from someone who WAS there.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    wow, good to know. guess i'm off the hook. cool! :P
    What are you smokin'? You might not be as big a bitcher any more but your moving up in the ranks of the egophile!.. :wink:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Hey Todd, my left nut has some sweat on it...want to lick it off? ...
    'Mo alert. :roll:
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    :arrow: :P

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Saturday and Sunday driver meetings are mandatory. If you miss one without discussing it with the Series Director ( first ), or the Race Director ( second....but go to the Series Director first ), your qual time is tossed. It's been that way since 2003.

A competitor has never been told ( in Texas ) they can't race if they miss a mandatory drivers meeting.

Matt - we all know you have allot going on in your personal life, but.....Todd deserves significantly more respect than you show him.

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    I dunno whose rule books we've been using in the past - or which one Matt is reading - but I believe we now have a committment from the Race Director to follow the CCRs where possible - here's what they say about meeting attendance:

23.1.4 Meeting Attendance
    All participants are required to attend all mandatory meetings. If a driver is unable to attend, and cannot send a representative, he/she must notify the Race Director before the meeting. Some latitude will be given in hardship cases. Failure to attend, or make proper notification, will result in a warning. A second offense during the same season will result in loss of qualifying times and/or race position. See Endurance Racing Series
    rules for specific penalties for missing the Enduro driver’s meeting.

Marshall, I'll represent you, so you've covered - but I'd still talk to Clifton and Todd as well.
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

speaking of which, what happens to those who miss the drivers meeting on saturday morning? :?

Just to let you guys know how it is going to go this weekend. When you come to tech for the sign off in your logbook and get your tech sheet, you will not get a tech sticker. You will hold on to the tech sheet and bring it with you to the drivers meeting. At the meeting we will trade sheets for stickers. Anyone who doesn't make the meeting must find Clifton to get your stickers to get on track. This should fix some of the attendance problems that we are having at the drivers meeting. The meeting will be in the tech area sat. morning. Check your schedules for times.

Also, Jonathan will be at the track between 3 and 4 on friday. I will not be there until later. I have no idea at this time about scales on friday. It just depends on what time I get there and how many want/need to weigh.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Ryan Arnold
    Chief Scrutineer
    NASA Texas
    Texas Mile

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Let me add that it is not this group that I have had problems with non-attendance. Todd and Adam have gone above and beyond to get this group to the meetings and it is greatly appreciated.

I have made arrangements to talk with Marshall on Friday night. He is an instructor and has other duties during the scheduled meeting. If there are any others that absolutely cannot make the meeting let me know and we can work something out.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by oz98cobra
    I dunno whose rule books we've been using in the past - or which one Matt is reading - .
    quoting from the book of Ginsberg when I asked the question a long time ago and a brain that has been drowning in alchohol from the last 6 weeks....sorry, but the intent was close enough! :wink: