Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Engine Block Cracked

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Weird; I don't think we've ever had one leak, at least not at the case parting.
    I only siliconed one of the 2 mating surfaces. Won't be making that mistake again.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Got home two days ago. Nice to be back home. Bought two LT1/T56 combos. One was in the form a whole running/driving parts car. If anyone wants the body/frame/whatever after Im done stripping parts off of it (im taking: engine/trans/rear end) you are welcome. Not asking anything for it, take the whole thing away if you want it.

This is the final direction I'll be going. Hopefully it gets me back on the track the quickest most cost efficient way.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    whoop whoop... LT1 for the win... or at least back on track.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    whoop whoop... LT1 for the win... or at least back on track.
    Good enough for first loser the last 2 years.
    RM CMC Director

Junior Member Rookie
    I wish someone would teach me the magic of keeping an LT running on track, I can't do it! I hope it runs great for you.

Finally got time to square away the shop and organize. Put the my 1995 donor LT1 car on the lift and started tearing into it.............IRON HEADS!!!! My bad I didnt think to check that the LT1 in a Z28 Camaro had Aluminum heads.....DOH. WTF. Anyways. I dont think the rules will allow me to run it like that since it wasnt ever a factory setup in a camaro. Thoughts?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'd defer to Michael but I don't think anyone here will care enough to to stop you

The iron heads are a disadvantage across the board and if it gets you running faster to drop it in as is I'd just go for it

Try find another lt1 w aluminum heads later and get it setup the way you want to drop in later

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Finally got time to square away the shop and organize. Put the my 1995 donor LT1 car on the lift and started tearing into it.............IRON HEADS!!!! My bad I didnt think to check that the LT1 in a Z28 Camaro had Aluminum heads.....DOH. WTF. Anyways. I dont think the rules will allow me to run it like that since it wasnt ever a factory setup in a camaro. Thoughts?
    I have a set of aluminum LT1 heads you can have. they need a refresh. I never used them just always had as a spare and never needed. they're located south of austin
    Dust Collector

Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    I have a set of aluminum LT1 heads you can have. they need a refresh. I never used them just always had as a spare and never needed. they're located south of austin
    I will take you up on that offer for sure. PM'd!
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Bottom ends are the same, so aluminum heads will get your compression up where the F bodies are stock. You'll definitely want to change the cam too because it will come in low on HP and waaaayy hot on torque.
    RM CMC Director