Thread: Engine Block Cracked

Threaded View

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I don't think that's a good example to write an engine off. I've never seen that happen myself or to anyone. The LS swap has a lot of hidden costs that really add up. Call it $600+ to convert an LT trans if you do it yourself, need clutch and master/slave. If starting with a truck motor need an intake, oil pan, all accessories, computer, wiring, and you'll make the same 260/310. All that to say I'm slowly gathering the stuff to do it myself.
    Well it happened to my LT4 C4 twice at TWS. I then went to the LTCC setup to ditch the cap/rotor part of the opti (which required pulling the water pump/opti AGAIN), then the optical half failed and I got to pull the water pump/opti AGAIN. If you can keep an LT running, you're a better man than I (but that isn't saying much haha), but I'm 100% done with them. I swore I'd never buy another LT, then I bought another LT and I pretty much instantly regretted it.

I think an LS swap is probably $7-8k to do it right, but I can't put a price on less LT frustration at the track.
    Last edited by Mojave; 06-07-2022 at 10:19 AM.