Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil Pickup Tube??

Oil Pickup Tube??

I'm trying to piece together a new motor out of some old parts, my old motor trashed the oil pickup tube when the rod flailed around - is this a specific part for SN95's?

There was no part number on it, in the summit catalog they sell a milodon part they say fits 90-95 302's perfectly (right!) but all the others I see for sale are specific to 79-93 Mustangs? Anyone have an idea on if I can grab pretty much any oil pickup tube to use with my stock SN95 oil pan? TIA!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    If it's a canton pan you may want theirs.

jb

CMC17
    AutoZone carries the pickup tube. That's where I purchased my last one. I don't think there's a difference between 94/95 and a 93 or earlier as long as it has the double hump oil pan.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    When did Autozone start carrying FoMoCo parts?

If I can't run a cheaper Autozone Borg/Warner coil because the rule says OEM electronics only, you can't put an after market oil pick up tube in your motor.

The rules don't specifically allow it. It is what it is ...

Notice no cat pictures on this one ... :x

JB: It's a stock Ford oil pan, not a Canton.

EV: What's double hump? Mine has a front drain plug and a rear drain plug, is that what you mean?

MW: There is NO FORD PART NUMBER ON THE PICKUP TUBE THAT CAME OUT OF MY CAR. That was the problem as described above in my first post, nuttin to take to the FORD parts guys and say "gimme one of these".

Note: NO smilies in this post.

CMC17
    I'm not sure what all this is about. A pickup tube is a pickup tube that has the same dimensions and specifications as "stock".

I take it that everyone buys their oil, spark plugs, windshield wipers, water, radiators, belts, steering wheels, brake pads, head gaskets, intake gaskets, spark plug wires, shocks, struts, seat, belts, restrictor plates, air filters, wheels, lug nuts, rotors, wheel bearings, gauges, electric fans and much more from either a General Motors or FoMoCo dealership?

Give me a f$@kin break. :roll:

MB: A double hump is the stock oil pan that has just what you described... a drain plug on the front and one at the rear on the bottom.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    If I can't run a cheaper Autozone Borg/Warner coil because the rule says OEM electronics only, you can't put an after market oil pick up tube in your motor.
    I have an AutoZone/O'Reily coil, plug wires, distributor, starter, and solenoid in my car that I have run since I built it. Have I been cheating since day 1?? Seriously, I hope this isn't true.
    I am under the interpretation that they are reproduction parts built to factory specs. I can't believe that the rules want us to go to the dealership to buy our replacement parts. :?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    MW is just razzin yall. :roll:
    Quit it. :x
    Chill.
    jb

CMC17
    I'm just sensitive these days with all the "e-mail" I've been getting behind the scenes.

I will pick up some cream to help with my swelling.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    I have an AutoZone/O'Reily coil, plug wires, distributor, starter, and solenoid in my car that I have run since I built it. Have I been cheating since day 1?? Seriously, I hope this isn't true.
    I am under the interpretation that they are reproduction parts built to factory specs. I can't believe that the rules want us to go to the dealership to buy our replacement parts. :?
    All I know is I was told I could not run a Borg/Warner coil because I couldn't prove it was built to OEM specs.

Micheal, I would never call anyone a cheater.

This is a rather sore spot with me. I would love to run an MSD OEM REPLACEMENT cap and rotor on the opti-crap for simple reliability. But because it's red and says MSD, I can't.