Thread: Looking for some Hand Me Down Tires

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar

Looking for some Hand Me Down Tires

I am grateful for the 9 heat cycled RR's Michael Mosty gave me at Hallett 2019. I've been practicing on them this year prepping for comp school. They have about one more weekend before they chord. I am looking for another set or two if anyone is willing to part with some in return for some $$$. Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I need to order tires for Cresson. When they come in and I get them mounted I will have four you are welcome to. No charge. I'm in Georgetown.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I need to order tires for Cresson. When they come in and I get them mounted I will have four you are welcome to. No charge. I'm in Georgetown.

Jerry
    Jerry thank you.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Member Rookie
    I have some older ones you are welcome take. I'm in Cedar Park. Though I will say that once you get any big mechanical issues fixed I highly recommend practicing on good tires. IT's impossible to tell what's wrong with your car on bad tires. For example both Josh and I were completely loose all over MSRH Friday, we swapped on new tires and the cars were both good to go. Old tires may have you chasing demons that don't exist which wastes time and money in the end and causing unnecessary frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerno View Post
    I have some older ones you are welcome take. I'm in Cedar Park. Though I will say that once you get any big mechanical issues fixed I highly recommend practicing on good tires. IT's impossible to tell what's wrong with your car on bad tires. For example both Josh and I were completely loose all over MSRH Friday, we swapped on new tires and the cars were both good to go. Old tires may have you chasing demons that don't exist which wastes time and money in the end and causing unnecessary frustrations.
    Thank you. Yea I know not to go chasing gremlins on crap tires.

Thank you for the takeoffs. Much appreciated. Will link up with you sometime soon.
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I have a couple of sets in north Dallas if you or anyone else wants them. Both have around 12-15 heat cycles and still have some of the tread lines showing. They are 2019 date.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Im once again on the hunt for some hand me down tires. LMK Thanks.
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee