Thread: Cresson 2021

Hybrid View

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    From the eyes of a 1st time Rookie

Was great to be there with you guys and out on the track for my first competition appearance. Thanks for taking it easy on me. Was nervous with butterflies sitting in grid for the first time but those quickly went away at the drop of my first green flag. I wont write a long blog here, but just post my dashcam from R3. I missed R4 unfortunately due to family business but R3 was the most interesting and fun race of the weekend for me.

I have a lot to learn but am feeling a lot more confident that I can maintain situational awareness of my surroundings, and the flag stations and occasionally keep my racing lines. My car held together, performed better than I could drive it, and even went from last to finishing 5th in R3. Altogether could not be happier. Was a blast and this event set the hook. The addiction just became unshakable for me now.

Thanks for all the advice, mentorship, and encouragement.

Complete video from R3 (Unedited sorry for the boring parts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Qb3Bk2Olk
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Was great to be there with you guys and out on the track for my first competition appearance.

Complete video from R3 (Unedited sorry for the boring parts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Qb3Bk2Olk
    Awesome. I figure you don't know, and here is fine too, but we have a separate thread for videos as well.

What was with Flyin' Bryan banging up on a third gen? Cmon now... you'll knock Gerno's setup off.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    From the eyes of a 1st time Rookie

Was great to be there with you guys and out on the track for my first competition appearance. Thanks for taking it easy on me. Was nervous with butterflies sitting in grid for the first time but those quickly went away at the drop of my first green flag. I wont write a long blog here, but just post my dashcam from R3. I missed R4 unfortunately due to family business but R3 was the most interesting and fun race of the weekend for me.

I have a lot to learn but am feeling a lot more confident that I can maintain situational awareness of my surroundings, and the flag stations and occasionally keep my racing lines. My car held together, performed better than I could drive it, and even went from last to finishing 5th in R3. Altogether could not be happier. Was a blast and this event set the hook. The addiction just became unshakable for me now.

Thanks for all the advice, mentorship, and encouragement.

Insightful summary. Someday soon for me to...