Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cresson, March 2022

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Cresson, March 2022

The Cresson event is coming up in just 4-weeks. Please register ASAP to take advantage of the lower pricing as the entry fee is set to increase $50 on Monday 2/7. The Cresson event always has a great turnout each year and delivers some excellent door-to-door racing!!
    For those that did not race at Houston please see the below information:

Please make sure you have your NASA membership renewed, comp license renewed, and your medical is current.
    As previously discussed, NASA did delay the requirement of an onboard fire system until 1/1/23.

Please bring $20 for your Annual race car inspection / sticker.

Double check your car safety gear (window net, belts, seat back brace, roll bar padding, fire extinguisher / system, etc) as well as personal gear (Helmet, head sock, suit, gloves, socks, HANS - or equivalent) before you get to the track. You will need a SA2015 or SA2020 helmet to pass annual inspection.

Please bring $20 for the series dues for the year that helps cover the cost for this website, Hallett trophies, and year end awards.

For CMC, bring an extra copy of your dyno (both graph and form) that I will keep with my file. The form needs to be filled out completely please. This includes the "additional modification" section, timing, fuel pressure, restrictor, etc.

Current CMC entries:
    Team Jordan
    Drew Fisher
    Tony Nguyen
    Michael Mosty
    Frederic Scott
    Sam Crumpacker
    Bryan Leinart
    Ryan McFall
    Steve Gernon
    Josh Sooknanan
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 02-28-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Member Rookie
    I'll be signing up before the cost increase for sure.

I was thinking it might be fun to head out to a causal dinner Friday evening as a group before the big fun starts. Other thought was something like a potluck on a smaller scale of Hallett but it's probably going to cold for that and not so much fun.

Unfortunately I'm assuming John and Craig may not be attending like Houston . As such I was thinking to build a fire pit so we could have some warmth for evening beverages. If everyone could bring a bit of firewood to help support the cause.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I'm signed up but just hope I can make it. Don't know when I would arrive so would have to hold off on committing but I'm more game for a potluck-not really anything that great around-best is BBQ at gas station I think. I don't think it will be too cold but who knows forecast.

I'm in for bringing firewood.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I just updated the current entries as we are now at 9 registered with still over 3 weeks to go!!

I am down for bringing fire and also for a group dinner. Granbury probably has lots of options and is about 15 minutes from the track.
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    You guys toast Mitch while you're there. Probably not coming just for schedule/tires/windshield/dyno... blah, blah, blah.

And thus nobody's car will leave "one deal off."
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

We will definitely give a toast to Mitch!!
    You also need to be there for that. I hope your schedule works out because tires, windshield, and dyno can definitely happen.
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Member Rookie
    Looks like we have a good group signed up for next weekend, I'm excited for some fun.

Was thinking maybe we could all head to Grumps Burgers for dinner Fri ~7pm to break up the usual pace of things and relax before the excitement starts. Ive never been there but heard others mention it. Open to others input of course.

Also wanted to share the portable fire pit Jerry helped (most of the work really) build. Think it turned out pretty cool. Looks like lows will be in the 50's next weekend, so not too bad depending the wind, but still expect to break it out in the evening to test out with so beverages. Reminder if everyone brings a little bit of wood then we have more warmth which means more comfort while drinking and telling lies in the evening...

IMG_4289.jpg5C511669-2009-447C-ABE3-0C285019E4A9.jpg

That looks awesome Steve, nice work Jerry!!! I'll bring some fire wood to contribute.

I am definitely excited for the weekend and I see we have 10 registered in CMC and 1 in AI with Randy Hernandez scheduled to complete his Comp School this weekend!
    Dinner Friday night sounds excellent, I am in for any place. Looking forward to seeing everyone in just a couple of days!!
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    That is an awesome fire pit!

I'm hoping to be able to make it with a working car. No clue if I'll be able to make it in time for dinner Friday night but Grump's is good. It's just a hamburger dive but I recommend the green chile burger and shake.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Bad news, I won't be able to make it to Cresson. Too many other things going on at the moment.

You guys have a great weekend, I'll see you at Eagles.

Josh
    CMC #50