Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resurrecting the 48

Member Rookie
    Sure it's not an issue with the bleeder, maybe a bad hose? I have a set of LS front brake calipers with some ST43 pads or some new C5 calipers I can bring with me if you want to use them

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yes-please bring those front pads. I have a spare set of C5 calipers as well which is where I swapped the bleeder from. I have a spare set of pads but I'm unsure what compound they are or if they are even a race compound. The good thing about having a lot of parts come through and in the garage is having them around but sometimes not knowing where they came from. The C5 calipers I believe have a Hawk pad in them but not a race compound. Which should be fine for this weekend to just shakedown the car.
    Hopefully it's just hose on the bleeder but I tried another connector on the vacuum bleeder and same issue. I'll make my daughter have a leg workout and do it old school.

Stoptech's need new rings.

Need to research injectors. Guy on FB in Cresson parting an LT1 hasn't responded.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was heartwarming to see the 48 back on track for the first time in eleven years! Bryan was convinced the car was not going to work well but Steve drove it and said it handled better than his third gen! Bryan also said it felt really good. In R2 Jay, Michael and Bryan turned lap after lap within a few hundreds of a second of each other. Tony had one faster lap then all his others were right in there with the other three. Very close racing and it was emotional to see the 48 making laps and mixing it up in CMC again (even though it is a CMC 2 car, LOL).
    Thanks for all the hard work Bryan.
    JJ