Looking for any input/suggestions on things to do or check to get the 48 back on track. This is Steve Mulder's car that Mitch and Glenn built so obviously after what has happened there is an emotional desire to race this car. It's a 95 Camaro LT1. It's been sitting for 12 years. I may update this first thread with the areas of the car to be addressed to make a list and maybe help someone in the future as there are other CMC cars sitting dormant out there.

First goal is to get it running correctly and attempt to make Cresson for a shakedown run. I'll move most of the safety items from my white car but still have the drivetrain out of the totaled black car to do the LS swap. If someone needed a "Built" LT1 or trans then I would definitely consider just selling that and going LS. The motor was no expense spared by Wayne Calvert with only one race. Dyno numbers appear to be exactly the same as my LS dyno's.

Engine - ordered cable to scan and see if there are any codes. Need a different external fuel pressure gauge as mine is bad and the one on the car reads low. Oil/filter already changed
Fuel injectors?

Trans - will drain fill trans and clutch fluid

Rearend - replace fluid and maybe control arms/panhard. Shocks

Brakes - fluid flush, grease caliper pins - need to see about making sure the pistons move freely. Cleaning up the rotors or will replace. Have C5 brackets to cut spindle to add larger C5 rotor.
Pads-could they go bad from sitting? It has C5 front calipers and LT1 rears.

Safety - Are we okay with just a fire bottle? (see fire thread for bottle and install suggestions) It has a system but will need to pull the bottle to send off.
Belts, nets, roll bar padding from white car. Possibly swap seat.

Front Suspension - any issues with the front control arms with spherical bearings. Check for rust-shoot with WD 40. Front shocks.

Cooling system - already flushed - would a pressure tester possibly help identify if there are other issues that might come up?