Thread: weight of heater box, etc on SN95????

weight of heater box, etc on SN95????

I still have the heater/defrost in my SN95. Has anyone removed that stuff and weighed it? Defrost sure comes in handy for rain races but that's only about twice a year.

I have not weighed it. I definitely do not have it.

Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    I still have the heater/defrost in my SN95. Has anyone removed that stuff and weighed it? Defrost sure comes in handy for rain races but that's only about twice a year.
    Why not dump it for a brake blower hooked to the defrost plenum? I can't fathom keeping something like that in a race car, I think I'd sooner treat the inside of the windshield, but then again I've never raced with cold and wet air before.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Why not dump it for a brake blower hooked to the defrost plenum? I can't fathom keeping something like that in a race car, I think I'd sooner treat the inside of the windshield, but then again I've never raced with cold and wet air before.
    I've only been to CO (Denver/Boulder where my B-I-L lives) a couple times but the air is SUPER dry there. Where we live a fish could live out of water for 1/2 a day because there is SOOOO much moisture in the air! Spring and Fall bring wide temp swings that actually put so much moisture in the air that fog can reduce visibility to just a couple hundred yards (and on more than one occasion delay the track going green for a couple hours).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t500hps; 02-28-2022 at 09:27 PM.