Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AI/CMC Texas History - AKA, the Texas V8 Racing Way Back Machine

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see manties.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Interesting memories buried in there. Introduction of the dyno sticker? Who came up with that crap...

The dustup between Varner, Cory, and Wayne sounds pretty tame when written up in Grassroots.

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adam, thanks for sharing! Really cool

Josh
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Interesting memories buried in there. Introduction of the dyno sticker? Who came up with that crap...

The dustup between Varner, Cory, and Wayne sounds pretty tame when written up in Grassroots.

Richard P.
    CMC Power, not CMC weight.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I see manties.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Yes, the GRM write up made it sound very tame. Sooooo.....my only goal here is to show the good times, history, people, cars, and FUN we had when AI/CMC first got underway in Texas. There was definitely some drama, but, I'm choosing to remember the great times we had. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no agenda except to share the memories with the OG racers, as well as the folks that have come along since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    CMC Power, not CMC weight.
    Richard ran CMC power in AI for a few years - as I recall, at that time, it was the original engine, with no mods to it. Undoubtedly, Richard will correct me if I'm wrong.

Also - if any of the original AI/CMC racers have pictures from previous events, please, by all means, send them to me, and I'll gladly include them in my next round.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Forgot I haven't been on here in a minute. For those (probably all of you) who don't know, I spent 3 months in CA for a class for the Space Force. I took the red dragon with me and I bumped into Adam at Chuckwalla who recognized the car, as well as Ryan Flaherty at Buttonwillow who also recognized the car. I thought it was pretty cool to bump into some NASA old timers whose names I'd known all these years, but never put names to faces. I ran into a few more too. So there's my nostalgic moment.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Forgot I haven't been on here in a minute. For those (probably all of you) who don't know, I spent 3 months in CA for a class for the Space Force. I took the red dragon with me and I bumped into Adam at Chuckwalla who recognized the car, as well as Ryan Flaherty at Buttonwillow who also recognized the car. I thought it was pretty cool to bump into some NASA old timers whose names I'd known all these years, but never put names to faces. I ran into a few more too. So there's my nostalgic moment.
    It was good to meet you in person, Dustin. And, to see Nick Steel's car on track again! As for beng an "old timer".....that gets truer every day.

Ok, back to our thread. I did some re-jiggering.

The entire 2005 NASA Texas AI/CMC season. No particular order to the images - they are not in chronological, or event order.

The entire 2006 NASA Texas AI/CMC season. No particular order to the images - they are not in chronological, or event order.

2007 - when NASA Texas CMC went to Road Atlanta. Not many images, and certainly, not of everyone. I used to have more of Boudy, Jeff Burch, Gerry, and others, not sure what happened those images. NASA Texas CMC racers took all their trophies and Toyo bucks.

Here's to you, Mitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 03-17-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    Adam G.
    CMC #5
    2009 California Pony Car Cup CMC Champion
    2009 SoCal CMC Champion (Team Hollywood)
    2012 Kona Blue Metallic Boss 302 #1710
    Buy a hooptie, then race that mofo!
    NASA SoCal Race Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Great picture of Mitch.

CMC lost another racer - Neil Breitenbach passed away a few days ago. He had teamed up with Todd back in 2005.

I wish I could find the picture I used to have with him wearing a piece of the #2’s turn signal as a necklace.

RIP, Neil.
    Last edited by Adam Ginsberg; 03-27-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Ugh, sorry to hear about Neil. I remember that exact picture with him sporting the #2's bLiNg after his divebomb move, haha.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region