Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Hallett Mega Grub Thread

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

2022 Hallett Mega Grub Thread

2022 Hallett Mega Grub Thread

AI/CMC here we go... This seems to be a good way to do it and cut down on the extra 10lbs of po-ta-to salad that gets tossed. And yes, this includes the idea/concept/genre of Midnight RibsTM.

You'll also notice an earlier (jump the schedule) thread from Mr. Breakfast. I sent him a note that I was going to do this but we'll capture the breakfast headcounts in here as well.

*** WE MAY ALL NEED TO POLICE THE CROWD. IF WE HAVE LEFTOVERS THAT'S COOL, WE'LL SHARE***

We want to make sure that all contributors, and those guests that have been accounted for, get the full experience before we let the leftovers go to the crowds. I'm also going to get a headcount for the track staff included in our numbers so if you're bringing something, please consider "upsizing" for Scott/Connie and the track folks.

If you want to call "dibs" on an item, add an item, delete an item, just add a post and I'll clean it up here. As in the past, we can accommodate cash support (anonymous or not) in lieu of other product.
    First come/first bring - if your on the list you better bring AT LEAST as much as you're down for.

MENU
    Mornings Sat/Sun Breakfast - The McFall Flatgrill Cafe
    Friday Dinner - pulled pork sandwiches, add your own sauce and slaw
    Saturday Dinner - brisket and sides, probably too much of both, served around 6:00pm.
    Midnight Ribs(tm) - the Hallett tradition continued. Pork ribs served at, you guessed it, midnight. Well close, but probably not before 11:45 or after 12:15. Don't be late.

Our version of an OK "The List:"

Brisket ---------------------------------------------- OIF
    Buffalo chicken dip -------------------------------- CMC Mosty
    Cheesey po-ta-tos --------------------------------- Da Martins, THE most markets Cheesy-Taters EVAR!!!
    Jalapeno peppers / Popper Dip------------------- Pip probably / Creamcicle
    World Famous Spicy Beans ---------------------- ENGLISH!!! (does this pot make my bean look wide?)
    Red Shift Margaritas ------------------------------- Sook and crew [
    ok, who drank too much Red Shift?]
    Water/Coors Lite/Natty Light (all the same)----Todd, aka Not Not Jander
    Sodas/Candy Beers (all the same)---------------- Todd... I mean the new guy brought it, get extra credit.
    Cheap-ass bottom shelf cookies -------------------AI Mosty
    (Baked) Po-ta-to salad -----------------------------Leinart mentioned potentially for Friday
    Mac & Cheese ---------------------------------------Team McFall (yummy)
    Guac/Brownies/Colorado Water ------------------I know there was guac
    Veggie plate------------------------------------------We don't need no stinkin veggies
    Chip(s)/Dip(s) ---------------------------------------Gerno big ole bags and etc.
    Chip(s)/Queso----------------------------------------Mr. Nat'l Champ Sook
    Plates/NapkinsPlasticware -------------------------Crumpacker - plates/plastic for 150ish? should work?
    Generic Banana Pudding-----------------------------
    There is no substitute
    Extra-Galactic 'Nanner Puddin'----------------------Lienart (sp?)
    Ice cream----------------------------------------------
    Jeremy better show with ice cream [QUITTER!]
    Smoker baked chocolate chip cookies --------------OIF pondering, prolly cobbler

Assorted Fruit Cobblers------------------------------- OIF blackberry/cherry/peach/blueberry/apple
    [Technically one was made Sunday for lunch]

Quick shout-out to:
    Anonymous Donor - Gracias
    Anonymous Donor - Muchas Gracias
    Anonymous Donor - Muchas Muchas Gracias - you get the point; you guys are very generous and it is appreciated.

EDIT: No rush but remember we'll need to do a headcount at some point. We can flex that as we get closer. If you think you're eating, give an estimate for your group.

HEADCOUNT
    Hallett Staff - Some; I think about 12ish
    AMCM - 14
    OIF - 2
    Mosty(s) - 5
    Leinart - 2
    Gerno - 2
    McFall - 4
    The 45 McDonalds Car, uh... RED DRAGON - 1
    ENGLISH! - 3
    Crumpacker - 6
    Sook - 6
    Martins -2
    Headcount ~ 48ish / rough count was 50 at Sat dinner

VENUE

Historically we've done the grub at the OIF raceport. Because it's Hallett and part of the family has gone tube chassis racing, we're going to again partner up with the AMCM group for Friday dinner, Saturday dinner and Midnight Ribs(tm). Be a good chance to put some names and faces with the AMCM drivers so they'll learn to pass us on the correct side.

RECAP

Ok... back at the ranch and caught up on a little sleep and hydration.

I call it a success; as far as I know (haven't heard any differently) everybody got enough food... as well they should have given what we cooked, save the Mosty smoker trying to kill me in the middle of the night, I guess because I'm a Camaro guy... who knows???

Rough stats:
    Pork butts went on around 8 or 9 Thursday night to cook roughly 11 hours.
    Briskets went on around 6 on Friday night, and one of them was done at 6:30 in the morning.
    About 65-70lbs. of mesquite pellets and 2.5 or so batches of Rub 2.0.
    If you're keeping track at home - Salt Lick regular and spicy sauce for the pork, and Stubbs Sticky Sweet and Sweet Heat for the ribs.

Friday dinner / @30 folks / @20lbs pork / slaw / sauce / buns / tortillas / tater salad / chips [Thanks Russell for a pork shoulder]
    Saturday dinner / @50 folks / 45lbs brisket / 10lbs pork / 5lbs beans-sausage / jalapeno dip / buffalo chicken dip / Galactic Nannner Puddin' Bar / chips / cookies / etc.
    Midnight Ribstm / 40ish folks / 7 racks / leftover brisket-pork butt / laughter / merriment / Slip-n-Flip healing

Numerous benefactors over the weekend - thank you for your generosity, at this point I'm pretty sure the food/pellet bill is covered. BUT... if some of the invited guests ask, holler at me and I can get you a PayPal email if they want to throw in.

Last... NO BRISKET FOR YOU 1 YEAR! Daughter gets married next year so not sure I'll make Hallett. Sean cooks better than me anyway.
    Last edited by Fbody383; 06-14-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Probably a fitting place to post the shit list for those of us that owe money. And yes, the Red Dragon is poised to attend.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I’m down for beans. May be more of a kick than normal.
    English +2
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    I’m down for beans. May be more of a kick than normal.
    English +2
    Pretty sure I've posted this before, but it never gets old for me.

https://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0
    RM CMC Director

My bad!

McFall count is 4.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMcFall View Post
    My bad!
    Pfft. Offering to get the Hallett food train started is always a good thing...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Mosty (3 total)
    - Bottom shelf cookies
    - Cash
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Other Mosty’s (2 total) will bring a giant batch of Buffalo chicken dip and frito scoops.

Also, today is the last day to register for racing at the lower entry price. Everyone get signed up!!
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 04-30-2022 at 09:30 AM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Why the hell is it early registration 6 weeks before an event? Who is running the show down there in Texas?
    Really? Early bird saving at $499 per event when other events are less than $400. Are you guys in Texas that much better than any where else?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Why the hell is it early registration 6 weeks before an event? Who is running the show down there in Texas?
    Really? Early bird saving at $499 per event when other events are less than $400. Are you guys in Texas that much better than any where else?
    I know the answer and I think you do too Randy. The better question is why are so few cars signed up? I don't know how many will be with me, but it's at least 1. I'll come with money, an appetite, and sarcasm.
    RM CMC Director