Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prep for 2023 race season

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Prep for 2023 race season

Please make sure you have your NASA membership renewed, comp license renewed, and your medical is current.
    The onboard Fire System requirement will be in place for the 2023 season.
    https://nasaspeed.news/columns/nasa-...m-requirement/

Double check your car safety gear (window net, belts, seat back brace, roll bar padding, fire extinguisher / system, etc) as well as personal gear (Helmet, head sock, suit, gloves, socks, HANS - or equivalent) before you get to the track. You will need a SA2015 or SA2020 helmet to pass annual inspection.

Everyone please double-check these items ASAP so there are no surprises leading up to the first event next year which is just 7 weeks away.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Physical as required, and dyno as well.

Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Also be aware of the "Discount" available for signing up over the next few weeks for an event in 11 months. After 1/10 the entry goes up $50? Which raises the price to $600 for ECR. I'm not in favor of it especially due to the explanation of wanting to make plans to have TV crews or something for sponsors. There aren't any sponsors looking to get in front of the awesome crowds CMC brings to an event. Plus the new owners desire to go to a three race format and do away with Sunday qualifying so we can sleep in and get home early. Effectively providing less track time for more money.

An owner can do what they want. For the same reason they want to make plans for the whole year as the customer I don't know my schedule 11.5 months from now or if Gernon wrecks my car and I can't make it.

Also, doesn't make sense that Cresson is $475/525 in the spring and $525/575 in the fall . Yet Hallett is $550/600 even more which I thought was the cheapest to rent since they have such good revenue from everything else they offer.

I'll be emailing Marie after looking into this.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Our fees went up as well, gotta wonder if the price to play hasn't gone up across the board for us all and it's just being passed on.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Having the gentle but firm discussion with everyone that they need to stay the f*** off my weekend calendar till Feb, preferably Apr so I can start racing again.

Gonna be tight into the January, but I'm going for all in-region events this year. I rolled my 2021 COTA credit over into MSRC and MSRH and will probably just bite the bullet and register through Hallett.

Marie has been great to work with so far and I'm optimistic about NASA Texas for 2023.

Also someone buy my dang roller already.
    Last edited by Pranav; 12-20-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Having the gentle but firm discussion with everyone that they need to stay the f*** off my weekend calendar till Feb, preferably Apr so I can start racing again.

Gonna be tight into the January, but I'm going for all in-region events this year. I rolled my 2021 COTA credit over into MSRC and MSRH and will probably just bite the bullet and register through Hallett.

Marie has been great to work with so far and I'm optimistic about NASA Texas for 2023.

Also someone buy my dang roller already.
    Tires, Fire System, and other parts on the way.

Wrapping up getting the garage halfway setup enough to work easily out of.

Just going to get no sleep rest of this month trying to juggle work and getting the car ready. Wish me luck.

Tires

Uhg.
    CMC #50

Blog Entries
    I put my order for tires in on the 3rd, do they take a while? Lol

I need to fake a medical emergency to get out of work rest of the month

I put my order for tires in on the 3rd, do they take a while? Lol

I need to fake a medical emergency to get out of work rest of the month
    I think they're available. The cost seems to get a little higher every time I buy. Ordered from PTS on the 4th.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Fire Suppression: I bought the Lifeline Fire Zero 2000 kit because it was specifically named in last years CCR as authorized (and was cheapest). However, this years verbiage is different....and none of those "named" systems are no longer mentioned and most/all of them arent SFI/FIA certified. I think I was out of the loop on this verbiage detail or maybe is misread or misunderstood. Luckily I haven't installed it so I can return it. But getting a new SFI/FIA certified system in and installed before season opener could be tight. I am probably the only bonehead that made this mistake. Just sharing the blunder.

EDIT:
    Further researching......My system I mentioned above is listed on FIA Technical List 16 but does not have an FIA decal. Its the very first one on the long list of FIA certified systems. Am I gonna fail tech because it doesn't have a decal?
    Last edited by 64GunPilot; 01-08-2023 at 12:02 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee