Good writeup. Was a little cool and windy on Saturday but Sunday ended up being very nice after a little sprinkle which really didn't impact the racing, much.

Always great to be at the track with good people and my son. Great Friday night dinner at Sweetie Pies and USC defense not tackling. Early night in after flying in from Phoenix.

R1 I broke on the outlap. Coasted to T2 corner and parked next to the Crown Vic to take in the race. Cheap switches killed the ignition but they lasted 15 years so I'll replace them with toggles. Thanks to Steve for the spare along with Sam for a good crimper. Barely made R2 as I was watching TCU and my kid was giving me OT updates when I finally said leave me alone or I'm going to miss the race. Stayed with the pack for the Melee that I was able to avoid.

Then came the Double Yellow and the tug of war in my head. Eased up some and watched for clear track ahead but still felt like I was going too fast. Then coming around the broke Radical I went in front of it and thought I saw it start to go forward so I nailed it and had spent several laps under caution wrestling with it in my head. The kid afterwards-"why were you so slow"

I was a little off from that and from sad news at home. Daughters friend (first boyfriend) had been in hospital for a week, lost a leg and then called friends in to say goodbye. I'm unsure but don't think he had his seatbelt on which is why I'm sharing to always teach kids to wear them every time in the car. Just tried to cherish hanging around the fire.

Wasn't feeling to racy Sunday and wanted to race clean. But then I can't run under the track record either. Kudos to all in the Top 5 and Sam for keeping it together after a scary incident.