Thread: 2023 NASA Supplemental Rules

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

2023 NASA Supplemental Rules

All,
    Just wanted to make sure you saw these as they affect the way we will grid for Qual and penalties for passing under yellow, drops, etm:

NASA Texas Supplemental Rules - Updated 1/17/23 These rules supersede the CCR where there is a conflict

1. Any competitor’s first offense of a pass made under a single standing, waving, or double yellow will result in usual penalties per the CCR. A second offense will result in a 2 race suspension, as well as the usual penalties. A third offense will result in a license suspension.

2. Drivers are responsible for knowing their grid number before arriving to grid. If you do not know your position you may be asked to start from the back.

3. Drivers/Teams are responsible to make sure their data with T&S is correct before the end of the event Sunday. Data such as member # or Team#, or class which is critical for points calculation, will not be changed after the event.

4. TimeTrial will have 5 results drops for season points. Spec Miata will have 6 race drops. All other race classes will have 8 race drops for season points.This rule supersedes the CCR and/or class rules.

5. Grid for the first qualifying session will be set by overall championship points for the current season. The first event of the year will be based on the previous year's championship standings.

6. If/when there is a singular Sunday race it will count for double points.

7. Season Championship awards for 2023 will only be awarded to the 1st place finisher in each class.

8. Entrants may only run in the group they are registered to drive in. If a racer or TT entrant would like to do hardship laps in an HPDE session they may do so by checking in with driver info, the appropriate group leader, and by paying a “one session fee”.

Now my notes:
    1. Crossover events count for season points, hence the 8 drops.
    2. I don’t know how much a “one session” fee is to run in HPDE.
    Last edited by marshall_mosty; 01-17-2023 at 10:57 PM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    5. Grid for the first qualifying session will be set by overall championship points for the current season. The first event of the year will be based on the previous year's championship standings.
    Glad they are doing something. Curious how that will work. I'm assuming by class? Which class goes in which order??? The faster/more powerful classes often have some of the slowest drivers that cause the biggest backups.

1. Crossover events count for season points, hence the 8 drops.
    Nationals are on the TX schedule. I assume this event also counts...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    6. If/when there is a singular Sunday race it will count for double points.
    So a racer is over penalized by missing a single Sunday race. Since it's double points, does it count as a one race or two race for a drop?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I know for Houston we have two races on Sunday and hopefully we can keep that trend for the year. I know AMCM prefers 4 total races also and I think it is great to still be able to do the invert races which helps make the whole field faster and are tons of fun!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region