I first went to Stoptech ST40s in 2014, In 2020 I got a good deal on another complete kit and now run those (the old set was rebuilt, including slide plates and kept as spares. The calipers design is slightly different although obviously they are considered the "same".... This is relevent in a minute.)

Soon after switching to the newer 2020 ST40 kit I noticed the Carbortech pads I run did not fit into the calipers. I actually have to grind the metal down a little on each side so they slide in. This continued with several sets of pads. In 2020/2021 in talking to my competitors, they ALL have the same problem however the group of us are using 3 different brands of pads. I've talked to Carbotech about it and they state they've bought the backing plates from the same source for years and in fact, there are only 2 places in the country that make the plates for all the brake companies.

I pulled out my old ST40's to test fit pads and sure enough, same problem. I re-installed my old slide plates (can't believe I left them in the box) and same problem. I ran those calipers from 2014-2020 always using Carbotech and NEVER had a problem back then.

So.......for those running ST40's, are any of you experiencing this problem?