Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apr 22/23 event

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Apr 22/23 event

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=337

It's 3 weeks away and registration isn't open and course/direction configuration hasn't been decided.

[chant]3.1 CCW or the 1.7 CW[/chant]

Wow, good point Mitch. I wonder if that means they haven't decided yet? I've heard the 3.1 is quite an eye-opener, lol.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Well, it appears it's been decided ...

So much for chanting ... :roll:

Any update on the race lengths (20 min, 30 or 40 min) and number of races for our run group, Todd or Adam? I would like to know what option you've asked NASA TX to do or what has already been decided.

Also, if Clifton is going to announce any significant changes in his driver's meeting I'd like to know ahead of time.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    Any update on the race lengths (20 min, 30 or 40 min) and number of races for our run group, Todd or Adam? I would like to know what option you've asked NASA TX to do or what has already been decided.

Also, if Clifton is going to announce any significant changes in his driver's meeting I'd like to know ahead of time.
    Yeah, how about an official decision we stick with atleast 2 full weeks prior to 4/22....I need to make tire/wheel decisions before then and Vilven takes a few days to get them here....hmmm, planning is good!!! :mrgreen:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Uuuuhhmm, when the schedule comes out.
    You know, 2 weeks before the event.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    More like at the event when you're checking in.... the schedule arrives...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

1) We're running the 1.7.
    2) Length of races is still undetermined...either 20 min. or 40 min. (I'd like to try a 40 min. race while the weather is cool.)
    3) # of races is still undetermined...either 3 or 4 (depending on the answer of #2.
    4) Split or combined starting grids is still undetermined...however if the Capps FR500s will be there along with our normal AI regulars it will make sense to split the groups. We've always said we're reaching that cut point.
    5) Mucho discussios behind the scenes so I imagine we'll have things sorted out very soon...along with a couple treats, as well!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    4) Split or combined starting grids is still undetermined...however if the Capps FR500s will be there along with our normal AI regulars it will make sense to split the groups. We've always said we're reaching that cut point.
    -=- Todd
    They will be and according to your other post, we are now the largest car count of all regions....easy decision.

However, I would like to offer one point of discussion on the 40 minute race....can we make it R2 on Saturday or one of the NON Contingency races....? There are likely going to be a few DQ's based on weigh ins post race so it would be nice to have less chance losing hard fought for dollars. Just a suggestion....feel free to comment.

Todd, if we are going to do a 40 minute race regardless of which one...PLEASE make sure NASA TX releases that info ASAP. I have already prepared the car for 4ea 20's.....I would hate to need to thrash at the last minute TRYING to get tires, and anything else necessary to prepare for a 40 minute race....like a ballast box maybe!

Thanks,
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    Matt, forgive my ignorance, but why do you need a ballast box to run a longer race? Educate me.
    Thanks
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<