Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 annual dyno results

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2007 annual dyno results

i had 4 cars getting the annual re-cert. they all were o.k. with the posting of these numbers.
    Michael Mosty 228/281
    Marshall Mosty 292/302
    James Proctor 223/275
    Glenn Landrum 227/285 w/ 32mm restrictor plate.

Bryan L was there w/ his future CMC-2 Camaro. car made 298/318 unresrticted and 274/297 restricted.

it was about 35 to 39 degrees the whole time w/ lots of rain. SpeedTek was great to work w/ and allowed us to make quite a few pulls each to get the power dialed in.

i have these dyno certs on file for review if anyone wants to see them.

Glenn, do we take the highest numbers or the average of the three pulls for CMC?

Blog Entries
    average of 3. all numbers round to the nearest whole number before averaging.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    Glenn, do we take the highest numbers or the average of the three pulls for CMC?
    and your numbers were......

Oh, sorry. I left them in my truck which is up at my office.

If I recall correctly, the average would have been about 223/279 give or take a few tenths.

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    My numbers
    CMC: 227.4Hp & 294.0Tq with 32mm plate (3-run average)
    unrestricted: 276.7Hp & 318.4 Tq (Max Run)
    Dust Collector

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by y5e06
    My numbers
    CMC: 227.4Hp & 294.0Tq with 32mm plate (3-run average)
    unrestricted: 276.7Hp & 318.4 Tq (Max Run)
    nice TQ. any tips you could share to get me those 10 ft lbs out of mine?

Blog Entries
    also, along w/ wanting to get a paper copy of these from you guys to put on file for "just in case", feel free to scan them and email them to me also as i'll also be doing this to the ones i already have. i'll keep them on a USB pocket drive to bring to all the 2007 events. as a matter of fact, i'll have all CMC and possibly AI related documents on this jump drive w/ me @ all times.

"Just in case" of what?? I must be missing something subtle here. :?:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    "Just in case" of what?? I must be missing something subtle here. :?:
    put your black helicopter w/ the missing N numbers back on the ground!
    this is a "just in case". like @ Nationals, a guy left his dyno sheet @ home and was not able to get on the dyno due to it being booked. turns out, his regional director had collected up copies of these from his drivers and had it there w/ him. saved the guy a DQ.
    or, in case your stuff gets rained on while your out on track. instead of re-dyno'ing to get back in compliance, you can just ask me for a copy.
    now, if you loose your copy, and that lost copy was a newer version than the one i have and those 2 dont match, you could be in trouble. a perfect example is:
    Morgan D certs his car pre-season w/ a 31mm restrictor plate. i get a copy of this from him to put on file. later in the year, he re-certs his car for whatever reason and moves to a 32mm cause the 31mm made less power than before, or he wanted to push the limits more. he then looses the dyno cert w/ the 32mm certification. we tech his car and notice his 32mm does not match the 31mm i have on record for him. i ask him to present a re-cert for the 32mm and he cannot, he's DQ'ed. so along w/ filing a copy w/ me for whatever reason, you must also file a copy of a new cert you are using.
    the list goes on and can be applied to both GM and Ford. say a driver goes from a 40 series flowmaster to a 12" bullet style muffler. w/ a dyno cert saying he has a flowmaster and the car having a bullet, he needs to have a new cert, or be faced w/ a DQ. these are the steps we are taking to ensure the tech inspection process tries to prevent and catch "issues". we want to try our best to ensure a level playing field. this will be one of the tools to do so.
    feel better Mike? :P