Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever feel, mad, lost, out of control, stressed, obssessed

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Ever feel, mad, lost, out of control, stressed, obssessed

all at the same time?

Left CMC #8 at a rod shop to have the final weld and NASCAR bars installed.

Was told MAYBE Friday ... saturday was doable.

Got a call saturday that he wouldn't be able to get the bars completed and asled if I could wait till Monday.

I told him I would be at his shop late Monday evening to pick up the car.

Arrived after 5 ... nothing had been done.

Went to dinner and screwed around ... 1 bar was bent ...

Not gonna get it done, he says.

Now, I can understand delays and interuptions. But from my perspective, when you make a commitment, you keep that commitment.

I just don't understand prima-donnas. Adam/Eric ... help me out here.

CMC #8 is in SERIOUS jeopardy of not being complete. We have lost at least a week of build time and the clock is still ticking.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Mitch, I have a bender and about 50 feet of tubing....you are welcomed to borrow it if need be.

Your frustration is why I do EVERYTHING on my car....only person to be mad at is ME!!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

CMC17
    I used to feel like that 100% of the time. Then I found what I was looking for.... my Zen Garden. Zen gardening helps clear the mind of the chaos associated with everyday life. The rocks represent mountains and the sand represents water. The patterns you create by raking the sand around the rocks will provide you with serenity. <http://www.officeplayground.com/zengarden1.html>

I do see the frustration in the situation you describe. Their commitment is very hollow and a date/time should have been more realistic on their part. Telling someone what they want to hear just to get them to go away or put them off is wrong.

If I could weld and bend pipe on that level, I'd be more than happy to come up and help you out.

Seriously, hope everything works out and #8 will be ready by the next event.

After watching this WyoTech grad and 2 of his co-worker dick the dog for over an hour and get a single bend completed, my confidence in my abilities as a fabricator has gone up significantly.

Glenn and I notched and installed the cage in less than 2 days, except for the NASCAR bars. We have no bender.

But we will soon ...

Sorry you guys are having these issues, but I can completely understand your frustrations. I had my New Mustang at the fabricator for 14 months before the cage was done. ;-)

"But from my perspective, when you make a commitment, you keep that commitment."
    Oh I wish it was that easy, but life is never that easy.

You can always try Todd Oppermann at MSR @ 214-476-8391. He is really good and might be able to help you if he has time.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    After watching this WyoTech grad and 2 of his co-worker dick the dog for over an hour and get a single bend completed, my confidence in my abilities as a fabricator has gone up significantly.

Glenn and I notched and installed the cage in less than 2 days, except for the NASCAR bars. We have no bender.

But we will soon ...
    Go here www.lowbucktools.com

I have the tubing bender and it works awesome! The operator using it needs a little practice but it works flawless.
    Ah, fugg it.

Thanks Matt ...

I asked Alan Blaine his opinion and he put me onto thiese guys ...

www.jd2.com

Specifically, the model 3 bender.

JG ... those guys were on our list when I recalled the dude in Granbury.

Close, convenient, and supposedly quick.

Live and learn, eh?

Oh and one small detail I forgot to mention ... his dad is the CEO of the place where I work. :roll:

So, I'm screwed ....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    You can always try Todd Oppermann at MSR @ 214-476-8391. He is really good and might be able to help you if he has time.
    AJ told me to use him. we went to this other guy due to location and time. i now wish i had talked w/ Todd.
    as mitch said, we are getting our own tubing bender. what this one guy is costing us, we could have paid for the bender. then its just the cost of the dies. the only other thing we need now is a 175 or 225 amp welder. the 135 we both have aint big enough for .120 wall tube. just another reason to go w/ .095" for all the other cages we do.
    glad to hear another reference to Todd C @ MSR.

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing