Thread: Fox Front End

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar

Fox Front End

M-3075-A Lower Control Arms

Are these SN95 arms or not? Ford Racing's site says that they upgrade the Fox to 96' levels (whatever the hell that means) but mine are an inch shorter than others. Either I didn't get what's on my build sheet or these were just the wrong choice of arms to begin with...

Boudy

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The M-3075-A are Fox 3 control arms. The site and catalog is wrong. It should say 1986, not 1996. Looks like you need M-3075-D.
    What was your takeaway?

Well that explains it then. I looked closer, the site is correct as it states that the arms bring you to "96 level low friction ball joints."

Thanks,

Boudy

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The "low friction" ball joints started in 1985.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gal...&galleryId=163

"Starting in the 1985 model year, Teflon-coated, low-friction ball joints were fitted in the GT and 5-liter LX standard Handling suspension system control arms and remained in Fox Mustang production through 1993. Designed to reduce bump impact harshness, these late joints can be identified by a distinctive lack of the grease fitting found on earlier, all-steel ball joints."

The Ford catalog is wrong. 94-04 control arms are the same except 03-04 have a little more clearance for the larger 275 tires.
    What was your takeaway?

OK. New SN-95 control arms, bushings, rotors, and pads are on the way. Likewise for new T2-R diff, 31 spline axles, studs, and bearings. New tach with shift light is in.

I figure the extra track width and no inside wheel spin should be worth at least 1 second.

Cinch it up boys, we gotta catch them GMs.

Boudy