Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May Enduro?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar

May Enduro?

Anyone planning to go to the May enduro at TMS with SCCA? I am thinking a CMC car could run under the ITE class but this needs to be checked with the powers that be at SCCA. If not ITE then the cars could run under SP, though if a real SP car showed up it would be a slaughter. For that matter, I think an AI car could run under the SP class.

http://www.texasscca.org/scca_sunburn_07.html

Jeff

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Didn't think they recognized our (NASA) licensing.
    We do theirs, but they don't ours.

jb

Good point. Easy for me tho as I kept my SCCA current as well.

Still, with all the talk on this forum about running enduros, SWDiv SCCA is now running 2 enduro's a year, this 3 hour at TMS and then a 6 hour in November. Just thinking out loud.

Jeff

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Cool, I see.
    I thought you also had to maintain it with a minimum participation of X events each year.
    jb

Yeah, you do. I think it is 2 regionals a year to maintain a regional license. If you run both enduro's each year that is covered. I'm not sure if they give "bonus" credit for running an enduro compared to just a regular race weekend...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    no V-8 cars allowed in ITE in this region.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    I just spoke with Reb Folbre, Competition Licensing Director for the SCCA Texas Region, and here's the skinny:

SCCA Membership and SCCA Medical will get you a Novice Permit.

Car must be inspected and approved by SCCA inspector.(local guy is in Weatherford)

SCCA Approved School completion. Scott Stephens runs an approved school at Hallett so we may be able to pull some strings to get a certificate.(sshhh!!!)

With the above completed and a NASA Liscence(which to them mearly proves W2W experience) the Chief Stewart may consider a waiver to issue a Provisional Regional License.

Boudy

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    I just spoke with Reb Folbre, Competition Licensing Director for the SCCA Texas Region, and here's the skinny:

SCCA Membership and SCCA Medical will get you a Novice Permit.

Car must be inspected and approved by SCCA inspector.(local guy is in Weatherford)

SCCA Approved School completion. Scott Stephens runs an approved school at Hallett so we may be able to pull some strings to get a certificate.(sshhh!!!)

With the above completed and a NASA Liscence(which to them mearly proves W2W experience) the Chief Stewart may consider a waiver to issue a Provisional Regional License.
    Nice work, Boudy.

However, while we may be able to handle the licensing, the fact remains that the SCCA does not permit V8's in ITE in this region. At least, as of a year or so ago when several of us posed the question to Mike Patterson ( he raced T2 for several years with his 4th gen Camaro ).

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    SCCA Approved School completion.
    i have a problem w/ this part.
    not that i dont have alot to learn, but i shouldnt have to attend a school to get a comp license w/ the SCCA. i have enough documentation to prove this is not required, as many of you guys here too.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    It has nothing to do with your/our ability and everything to do with politics.