i was thinking about lap times from Round 2 @ MSR-C today. i was trying to remember what i ran the first day i had my CMC car out back in '05. so i looked @ the qual times from 3-5&6-05.
a scorching 1:31.996 (last!) for sat qual. 3 whole seconds from the 4th place guy (previous season Champ), 4.5+second off pole. transopnder broke durring the next two races. next timed lap, sunday qual - 1:28.196, 2 seconds off pole. that turned out to be my best lap of the weekend.
it took me 2 full seasons of racing (59 races to date) to get where i am now (where is that?) - lap time wise.
point of this post? not sure of my point. i ran MSR-C from 99-04 in my street car running 27-28's in it. 3600-3700 pound 98 Camaro w/ 450+rwhp/422 rwtq w/ 4 pot brembo's on 13" brakes w/ 315's on all 4 corners. this track was not new to me in '05.
so why all this dribble? i hear alot of folks comment on how they will never be able to match the times Jeff and myself have put up for MSR-C. i say BS! i think many in our group have it in them to best my times and surely Jeff's. i hear talk about how X platform is maxed and cant hang w/ Y platform. i say BS! learn what it takes to get your car there. ask a fellow racer what he's doing to fix issue A and talk w/ guys about what set up they run. from talking w/ the group over the last 2 events, i get the feeling alot of guys are unsure of what change to make and how changes will effect the car. is there a need for a suspension "how to" class? if i work to get a free clinic set-up w/ some pro racers, would most of you guys be intrested?
what would you guys like to see offered along the lines of "classroom instruction" that you guys feel would help you out? what can i do to make you a better and faster driver?
feedback please.