Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...things are gearing up for TWS!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

...things are gearing up for TWS!

Late nite post and just an update on some things coming together...

1) R2 Writeup ops:

2) AI Key Fobs (like the CMC ones) arriving this week and will be available at TWS.

3) ~3" x 12" AI series decals for both sides of the AI cars. I've got a bunch from the National office and will provide them for free to all AI racers...make room on your cars, they look great!

4) trophy girls...oh yes...they're comin' back!

5) Friday test day...get your registration into Misty if you plan to take advantage of the test day with the new AI/CMC configuration. Track records are at stake (with proper dyno certifications, of course)!!!

6) Saturday nite G2G....right now, NASA TX is planning an offsite dinner location for everyone. Details to follow once they are determined. We'll tailor onto that and plan for a brief Nationals planning meeting around that location once it's set.

7) Event registration...if you haven't already registered, get it in soon. Preliminary indications are that this will be a big TWS event (even some of the Colorado Spec Miata guys are comin' down!!! RayBob...where are ya' dude.)

More details and info coming soon...work has been kickin' my butt and keeping me away from racin' (...but still nothin' like those powerplant turnarounds you only read about and see on The Simpsons.) :wink:

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Hey Todd,

Where is the test day registration info?

thanks, nick

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    is all the smack talk being held till after the secret testing is done this weekend?

all your track records belong to me! :P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    update - looks like my wife and both kids are coming to this event. we will be there late Thursday night. i think James Proctors wife and kids are comming too. who else?
    think i heard about a party Sat night somewhere.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    If the weather is nice, I might ride the bike down.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    We will be there either Thusday night or early Friday morning for the test session. Me, wife, and our 2 daughters. Should be in one of the garage spaces. Hopefully we finally get to meet everyone.

Got the intake and distributor / wires all done last night. Almost got the front pullies and water pump done but found a fit problem where the water pump hits the left side acc bracket. I need to fix it tonight. Then hopefully I drop it in the car itself. Looks like the exhaust Y pipe I ordered is not going to make it. Now I need to find a way to build an exhaust from the manifolds back... That is going to kill some time.... Feels like a million things to do and not enough time.

Jeff

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Yep.. The wife and kids are making the trip this time.

I called the Manor Inn and it is booked up. The Days Inn next door didn't have any rooms with 2 beds except for smoking rooms and that was the case for several hotels I called.

We are staying at the La Quinta....about 2 miles north of the Manor Inn.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I am planning on coming down for more HPDE/licensing. Want to do the Friday test so I would come down Thursday night as well. If it would just quit raining so I could finish the eng/trans install and test it this weekend I am there. Hopefully picking up an enclosed trailer next week so I may park myself in the trailer. Whats the deal with the garage spaces? Interested in any party for sure. Wifes preggo and staying at home. Its a college town so I'm game for hitting that aggie chicken hangout?

Bryan "I swerve at cats and mustangs"