I hate to get on any negative topics, but I feel this one needs to be talked about. first of all I am not laying blame on anyone, this is more of a FYI type post.
Todd and Adam and others I’m sure did allot of work to finally get us our own race groups for the 2007 season. this was something allot of folks wanted and a few demanded. well out first event of 2007 was a flop w/ regards to car count. as much as we criticized NASA TX for accommodating small car count race class’s w/ their own run group, we are now one of those class's. we are now in jeopardy of loosing our own run group.
there were a few guys who bailed on the race weekend last minute due to whatever reasons. no fault to them. myself and Todd assured Jay that the car counts would return to the 30+ of days past. we had 3 new drivers show for this event. 2 are former SCCA drivers (A/S – 3rd gen Camaro w/ LS1, and T2 – ’05 Mustang), so new is a relative term. both of these drivers are in AI, so it shows well needed growth for the AI class.
my point of this post is -
if you were one of the few who complained or demanded we have our own run group for 2007 and you didn’t show this weekend, myself nor Todd will be open to your complaints in the future on this subject. instead of complaining about it in the future, be a part of the solution and show up and race! Do not let the politics of this site keep you away. At the track we are and act like one big happy family and our camaraderie was the envy of the entire NASA TX racing group (and TT). It showed at the banquet and was commented on endlessly to NASA TX. We have a lot to be proud of and rightfully so. Its each and everyone of us who make AI/CMC what it is and as Todd said at the banquet, each and everyone of us is AI CMC.
Hope to see each and every one of you @ MSR-C in March. I’ll rent a ride if I have too, so don’t worry about me.
lets not turn this unto a bashfest, just keep it constructive.