one thing i cannot give up from 7am to 5pm is the time i need to ensure my car is fueled and safe for the next outing and the time i need to eat and get fluids. that being said, there is only so much time during the day.
one option is a mandatory 5-6am show time for series rules tech inspections. after hearing the grumblings about the NASA TX drivers meeting being moved to 7am for the 2007 season. i dont think this would get a lot of votes. but hey, i'm all for it. after 10 years in the USMC, you cant get me up too early.
we could also stay late saturday and sunday. forget about the drive time for those from out of town. but - going after this w/ a military mindset is probably not what anyone wants. w/ that comes compromises. we do what we can w/ the time we have all the while trying to keep this a fun and relaxing environment.
in the past i've offered solutions. they were met w/ mixed reviews. one option is to pair up all drivers and assign each pair a section of the rules. those 2 individuals work the field during the weekend. reporting any "issues" found back to the series directors. each event we could make sure those rules fall on a different pair.
there is also the protest route. if anyone feels as though someone is not legal, pony up the clams and it will get checked. if your right, you get the money back, if not, you dont.
i prefer option 1 myself. none of us should have anything to hide, and therefore have no issue w/ another looking @ their car.

so Jeff, i know what you are wanting to do. i wanted it done myself back in 2005. after half of 2007 having passed, i havent gotten 1 tenth of what i wanted done w/ regards to series tech. i myself have failed the goals i put on myself. the flip side is, NASA Tech just is not capable to do this either. there are too many class's and too many rules for them to do it. so as a director and having tried to do what you want, i now know its near impossible to to do everything every weekend in the time we are given.
i'm all ears if anyone has a solution. that door is always open.