Clifton and I were talking this weekend and he asked me to get this out to the discussion boards ASAP so that everyone could be made aware of the new rule. This change will not go into effect until AFTER the NASA Texas June event at MSRH. The first event under the new rule will be Aug at TWS. I got a note from AJ at PST the other day that he will be stocking these nets soon so if you need one, go see him.

CCR 15.17.9 Head Restraint – Side Impact
As of July 1st, 2007 it is required that all drivers employ a right-side impact head restraint system. A seat with a “bolster” to keep the head from moving to the right side in an impact is acceptable. A side-impact head-net restraint system, such as the Racetech RTViperRP is also acceptable. Note- all side-impact head-net restraint systems must have a quick-release mechanism to aid the driver in case of a necessary egress via the
passenger side.

Note- it is recommended that a side net wrap around the seat and function to help stop the shoulders, head bolster (if applicable), and seat from moving sideways in an impact. It is best to follow the manufacture’s suggestions for installation of any safety device.

Please let Clifton or I know if you have any questions.

Thanks and we'll see everyone soon!

A