I spent Saturday with the Texas AI/CMC crew, but unfortunately had to leave and go to work on Sunday.

Here are some of the highlights from the day:
+ All cars series teched prior to Race 1- (100% logbook checks and other items)
+ Great to see current AI & CMC Champions Burch & Pedersen at the track!
+ Jerry, Gary & Morgan ("The Kid") also checking out the racing action prior to their 2008 debuts
+ Jerry cleared to race CMC17 on Saturday from the back of the pack and never lost sight of them. Holding his own in the CMC group of cars despite continued brake issues.
+ Jeff Wirtz left his car at home and also came by to check out the action
+ Boudy & family trackside support for Argent Lab including Info Broadcast
+ Lee Ann Rimes sings the national anthem with skydivers landing on track with Texas and U.S. Flags
+ Track announcer all day long broadcast on 90.5FM
+ Track videographer tapes all AI/CMC races with announcer dubbed over
+ Fulcrum Motorsports debuts testbed aero packages on 3 cars

RACING ACTION
+ Liebbe takes pole position in CMC
+ White takes pole position in AI
+ There were no AIX racers until Love rolled on track after the green flag fell....and after that, there were 2 AIX racers for Race 2!!!

Race 1 winners
White (AI)
Love (AIX)
Landrum (CMC)
Warren (CMC-2)

Race 2 winners
Donovan (AI)
White (AIX)
Burch (CMC)
Warren (CMC-2)

Donovan had radiator issues
Marshall had splitter issues
Burch had rear sway bar issues
Liebbe had tire issues.
Landrum had tail-light issues
Love had tranny issues

Proctor got into the back of Dawdy during braking on lap 1 of Race 2.
No visible damage however it did result in a Dawdy spin.
Contact forms were filed and IRB determined it to be a racing incident.

A few drivers carried on the "fun-wagon" tradition of giving rides in their racecars with new passenger seats installed. Glenn proved that even GM drivers can have "big-offs" whilst showing off their AI/CMC skills on track!!!

Kudos to NASA for putting on a great show.
Kudos to Adrian for fighting (and I mean, fighting) for our NASA individuality and getting us a giant "finger flag" for "one to go"!! :wink: LOL
Kudos to Argent Lab for really stepping up the trackside support.
Kudos to Fulcrum Motorsports for their debut of some great products

The day ended with a keg of Shiner Bock with the corner workers followed by an AI/CMC group dinner later. Nearly every one of our racers and their families made dinner for 25+ at Outback Steakhouse a great ending to the day. I toasted to another safe and exciting day of AI/CMC Racing, but failed to mention that days & dinners like these are what make Texas AI/CMC racing, what it is today!!! (I had a blast with some great friends.)

-=- Todd

PS- More of the same action on today, and early reports are that Landrum got the CMC pole position but lost 3rd gear during Race 3.

More from series directors Donovan & Landrum regarding Sunday's action...once they return home.