I have just about finished working on my car. I ripped out all the wiring (I mean all of it front to rear), installed new harness and switch box, fixed the seat bracket, and installed new brake booster. All I have left is to hook up the O2 sensors, the fuel gauge and the volt meter. The O2 sensors should be easy. The new harness has the wires hanging down on the bell housing and I hope the wires will reach. I know the fuel gauge wire is yellow with a white stripe and I found it protruding out of the rear of the dash (the three inches I left). I ran a new wire from the tank sending unit up to the dash. I tried connecting just those two wires and it will not work since it must have some kind of power to work. I can't afford to power up the whole instrument panel since that could make a lot of the other cut off wires hot. The fuel gauge works like a ohms meter and like a ohms meter, must have a battery to work. Also I need to make sure I hooked up the alternator correctly. This was not part of the new Painful harness and I cut it all out before I noticed. There are three wires leaving the alternator (and attached regulator). Two go to the battery and the small wire goes to the volt meter (assuming I did it correctly). I don't know how to wire up the original fuel gauge and volt meter. If someone here knows and would share it would be a great help. I have thought about purchasing a new fuel level gauge and volt meter from Autometer. That would be the easiest way but the ones in the instrument panel would be fine with me if I can figure out how to hook them up. Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
JJ