I have already been here for one day attending a Stack Tech Agent Conference. Really nothing to report from this, but if you are looking for precise, accurate, and reliable data acq, I can prepare a quote for you!

HANS- They have finally released a Quick Disconnect Sliding Tether assembly!!! It will be shipping in late January and will be in the neighborhood of $110. It is really cool, the "D" ring portion of the QD is part of the helmet anchor and is bolted to the helmet. Ths also eliminates searching for the pull cables that were further behind you. They have also lowered their price on the basic device to $645 for a sport model that has tethers attached to the helmet with screws. The device will then have to be unbolted from the helmet.

Toyo- I talked extensively with a tire engineer/guru about R888 and RA1s. The deal is that the setups will be completly different (we already new this) The R888 is more sensitive to temperature and a little less to pressure. Look for about 170-180 degrees of temp. More than that will cause the tire to fall off. To achieve this your pressure will have to be near 37 to 41 PSI. The R888 has a stiffer sidewall than the RA1. It will give the car a different feel. So, be ready for that. The Toyo rep did recommend shaving the tire for an ultimate quick lap time. He told me that the tire falling off is because of overheating of the tire. Apparently, this is easy to do with the R888. I will strongly suggest testing the tire prior to the first race weekend... For more info email or call me.

These are the highlights of the information I learned from the show today.

Thank you all very much for the support during 2008!

BTW, I spent some time with the 2009 Koni GS Camaro, It is a VERY cool car, it will be very nice to see the car run head to head with the Boy Racer.