I am starting this post regarding my brake line failure @ Hallett last weekend. My goal is to research the product and damage and help alert fellow drivers of any safety issues.
I purchased my stainless steel brake lines from discbrakesrus.com in January 05. Discbrakesrus.com "claims" to sell Russell brake lines and says that they have sold their product for 4-years.
I spoke to the Russell tech line and they stated that their lines will have a black line on the nylon sleve The brake lines that were on my car have no such name on them. I also have an additional new line that was sent to me after a similar failure @ TWS last year that has no identifying marks either.
While speaking to the said "co-owner" of discbrakesrus.com this morning he stated that they get their stainless steel brake lines for Mustangs from many different suppliers. He also informed me that they themselves make some of the lines they sell in-house. I questioned this since their website shows all listed brake lines to be made by Russell. The said "co-owner" is looking into my purchase and will be getting back with me.

At this point it appears the brake lines on my car were not made by Russell. Please disregard any previous statements I made in regards to Russell products. I will wait until I have confirmed answers to discuss more regarding the manufacturer.