Considering how it ended I still enjoyed the weekend a lot.

I am going to focus on eventually making it out of T1 in the same position I start the race in! God may have parted the red sea but Al, Michael, Jeremiah and a few others parted the AI anti-vortex I created for them nicely on R1 start (seriously - I've done launches hundreds of times and never spun that bad!). And yes, my goal is no off-track excursions at Cresson.

The two goals I had for the weekend were to get Kyri some serious seat time in the car (check! he had a blast and made great improvement each sesson - he really enjoys hanging around you guys so thanks for making him feel welcome!) and to get Clifton enough time in the car in different settings to get a baseline on the car for comparison (check! We have our list - damn February is a short month - but we'll Git 'er done!)

It was a weekend of firsts!
  • First time towing the car to MSR-Houston instead of driving it there.
    First suspension failure - I still think Clifton running a 1:52 with no right front strut is amazing :shock: Maybe it was the -10 degrees of camber that helped :roll:
    First time NOT getting a ticket on the way back - my positive nature sees that as having saved $200 for suspension fix
    First time having a teammate - BlueFire Racing is on the move - uhmmm, once we get the car fixed ops:
    First time Kyri has run two days straight - huge + for his progression
    First DNF - doh!
    First time seeing Blue Collar Comedy in person - all new material....Larry's bits on Al Gore/Global warming, Ford vs Dodge and Hillary Clinton were great!)
    First time I missed Saturday night - I think we need a Friday night AND Saturday night at Cresson so I can make that up