I need to get my car aligned and get the bump steer kit installed. I wanted to have the alignment done at a good shop then check the numbers with my gauge and keep that info for future alignments I will do myself (thanks Mitch, good idea). I have read about doing a correct bumpsteer and you need to know what your doing to do this correctly. I called AJ yesterday thinking I could get the car in the Friday prior to our race at Cresson but they are loaded! Something is wrong with the car since it will not turn right worth a damn. Even during warm-up turning the wheel left and right trying to get heat in the tires showed something was wrong. When you pull the wheel left it snaps your head to the right. When you make the same turn to the right it just mushes over. At MSRH my fastest lap was the first lap even when starting from a standing start (I think one race or qual it was the second lap) after that turning right was an adventure. Anyone know a shop in the Austin area that can do an alignment and adjust bumpsteer correctly? I do have a tie rod that is out but I am going to replace it prior to taking it to a shop. I have talked to DD and WM and I have several things to check like wheelbase side to side and I need to check the panhard bar since Tony G had the rear end set off to one side to make it turn left better since CAl. Speedway (he says) does not have any important right handers. I centered the rear end as well as I could but just using the fenders as reference I guess that could still be off. It's also possible the cross weights are off since I weigh 100 lbs more than Tony. The only reason I don't think that is it is because Jay only weighs about 30 lbs. more than Tony and he had the same problem. Just for the record Tony says he never had any problem with the car not turning right. He won a lot of races with this car, of course he was not racing against the fastest guys in the country like we do in Texas!

Looking for ideas and a shop to do the alignment that can also do the bumpsteer?

JJ