Maybe I missed some big drama last night, or maybe everyone is still recovering...but I cant believe there isnt a four page thread about Hallett already. :lol:

I expected this to be the best weekend of the season, and it didnt disappoint. Yes, my car broke and I was too lazy to fix it. Didnt matter. I had an awesome time hanging out with everyone and watching some of the best racing you can find!!

Having cars in from three different regions is very special. I really appreciated being able to chat with our guys from the rockies and the mid west. The party sat. night was completely ridiculous. I cant believe how much food and booze there was and how late people were up. I dont remember when I went to sleep...but I know it wasnt around 5am like some!!

We were very worried about contact coming into Hallett, and we did have two serious contact with damage and loss of position incidents. Thats tied with the number we've had in the three weekends before Hallett this year. There were more cars though, and a lot more track time. On a per car per green minute then the serious incidents were the same. Also we ran two sessions including the 40 minute shootout without a single incident, side by side or otherwise. So overall I would say contact was certainly down relative to previous Hallett events and in line with this year's Tx region statistics.

Mechanical issues...thats another story. We had a bunch of that. Six cars were sidelined with major mechanical work required. Fortunately two of those were during the last race, and one of the other four was able to return. Still...lots of unfortunate mechanical failures.

The racing on the track...I dont think it can be topped. I was only out there for half of the first race, but it was nuts. Watching from the stands was (almost) as fun though. Everyone had a race everywhere!

I love the Shootout format, the unreal amount of track time, and the fact that guys come from all over to race and party at Hallett. Everyone better start planning now for next year because this isnt one you want to miss!!!