Thread: Build progress - AIX #29

Threaded View

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar

Build progress - AIX #29

Had a great time at Hallett, car did great, driver did decent (I think) for first time there but didn't get any laptimes so not sure... David Love - thanks for smacking me around about the transponder - I'll either have one or remember to call ya next time

Took Monday off to rest up but got back wrenching on the car Tuesday and been going at it a few hours a night since then. Got the doors gutted, new steering wheel & QD installed, dash gutted, heater core removed, and 90% of the sound deadener stripped out. Not bad for less than a week's worth of evenings...just need to pull the rest of the sound deadener, get the wiring harness sorted out and strip all the seam sealant crap out then it's off to Mitch & Glenn for the cage. I'll be sitting out TWS but am hoping to have the car ready for its rookie debut at Eagles. Lots to do though...going to require lots of beer...might even have to fire up the smoker a few times and get it done BlueFire Pony style

Special thanks to Glenn, Mitch, Mike P., Nick R., Raybob, & James P. for access to their cars and taking the time to answer my deluge of questions. Got a ton of good ideas / advice and am trying to put them all to good use. Many thanks guys!

Couple pics attached of recent progress....what a mess!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29