Quote Originally Posted by NASA CCR
25.10 Crashes
If a driver is involved in a major crash or roll-over, the driver may exit the vehicle if it is safe to do so. The driver is responsible for determining if and when he/she should exit the vehicle. Once clear of the vehicle the driver will wait in a safe area away from the track surface and impact zones until the Emergency Response Team arrives. A driver that has exited the car may walk back to the paddock by a safe route away from the racing surface and impact areas. Also see CCR section #25.7.
Quote Originally Posted by NASA CCR
25.7 Post Accident Reporting
All persons involved in any “Significant Accidents” are REQUIRED to report to the medical staff immediately. Failure to do so WILL result in suspension. “SignificantAccidents are:
1. All vehicle roll-overs, regardless of damage.
2. Heavy impact rendering the vehicle inoperable.
After seeing the Liebbe-Landrum incident I had to look it up to make sure; In my mind the default was to stay in the car.

I understand potential fire risk and told the corner guy at Hallett last year that if he's coming to the car with a fire extinguisher I'm getting out.

I'll take any wisdom you guys have on when/why you're going to get out of the car unassisted during a hot session.