Ok. Some of you saw my cool relocated intake this weekend, but Marshall brought up a point that might not be legal (not complaining in any way, just pointing it out) so I said I'd look it up and I found this:

7.3 Frame
The entire tub, floorpan, firewall, and frame assemblies including the cowl and windshield frame must
remain in the stock position and cannot be relocated. “Cowl” is defined as the metal structure installed by
the factory between the firewall and base of the windshield. “Frame” and “frame rail” are defined as the
parallel boxed metal rails running the length of the car that form the basis of the unibody or frame.
“Floorpan” is defined as the sheet metal forming the floor and trunk floor of the car. Cars may not be
“channeled” to raise the floor within the body or lower the body below the frame rails. The only
modifications to these structures allowed will be in the following instances and no secondary purpose for
a modification is allowed (i.e. electrical cable passage facilitating suspension clearance). If a modification
is not listed below it is specifically not allowed.

b) To facilitate plumbing or electrical access. For AIX only, plumbing shall include intercooler or intake
piping, but all air intakes must be mounted outside the cockpit.

It was an oversight on my part, but before I go doing more work than I have to I would like to submit it for approval, or get an official ruling for what to do with it.

Some options I see so far are:
1. Put it all back (rerun wiring, etc.).

2. Get it approved and leave it (maybe submit a rule change?) as it doesn't provide any advantage.

3. I race in AIX, where it's legal.

I'm not trying to make waves, push the limits of the CCR or challenge the wording to the letter or anything. Just trying to see where this stands.

TBH, if it doesn't get blessed off I'm really leaning toward my 3rd option.

If anyone is wondering why I did all the work relocating it in the first place, I was tired of seeing this every 2 or 3 events: