Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
Just so its clear to everyone (should be, but there's some shit I keep reading btw the lines) - my S197 is a street car with a cage and I am "developing" it over many years as the budget (and just as importantly the time and talent) permits. Kyri and I were wanting to start the build on our second car and to run both in AI in which case its planned to be a salvaged S197 with a carb'd 351 5 speed, $1500 suspension, $2k brakes and home brew aero. We had planned to take the same approach as with the #404 (keep it a couple days work from CMC for a variety of reasons) but now the S197 fear/hate is full on in CMC and apparently creeping around in AI so I am really starting to rethink whether NASA is worth the effort....I'll surface again in December before I pull the trigger. Have fun at NOLA...see some of you in Austin.
I'll not address your comments about AI, but for CMC, there is no "fear/hate". There is however data to shows the need to slow down that platform. At some point it is just not worth it to keep it. 235's in place of the 275 were not enough by themselves, yet some S-197 owners left CMC because of that change. And just so we are clear, Ford backed the 235 tire change. They agreed it was warrented. If you think CMC should be OK w/ having the S-197 as is, then surely your OK w/ AI having the C5/C6, right?

As for turn key cars vs home built cars....... So the ones from Ford go in another class. What about Rehagin built cars? How about those built (turn key) from a no name shop? Seems kinda hard to determin where the line is drawn there. Not sure of the point when the rules are written the same for all no matter the source of the finished product. Sounds like a nightmare to police.