Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
In my opinion the 3650 is the most reliable easy to quick shift transmission i have ever used in any mustang pre 2014. I spent about $900 on new parts to rebuild it when I first built the car just as preventative maint but there was technically nothing wrong with it even though it had 110k mi on the car. Making sure the clutch is adjusted right it also critical. Need to make sure when clutch pedal is all the way down that it doesn’t try to lurch when putting into gear at a stand still.

Also i have always used the steeda triax shifter cause it has overshift stops that are adjustable.
I'm leaning on going with the 3650 but I have always been told that with long tubes I would have to pull the engine to change the clutch! That means if you lose a clutch at the track (like at Hallett) you are screwed. Now we have never had a clutch issue. In ten years I have changed the clutch disk only once (just for shits and giggles) and I'm still running the same pressure plate that I installed with the first A5. We are not hard on clutches but tear up transmissions. Maybe it would be worth it to go to shortys and the 3650.

JJ