Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 NASA Championships Registration is Open......

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Better yet, I will swing by Dallas on my way out, and you two can help me drive up and back from the big race!!!

DD 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    my wife is thinking of taking a thursday flight up w/ my two girls and my mom.
    $240 per ticket is what we saw.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Yeah....Michael/Marshall...bring a pillow & blanket and plan to have a great time at Nationals in Adam's 2 person tent! :shock: :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Marshall and I are looking into flying in to watch the festivities.
    Does anyone have any suggestions that might have flown in last year?
    Right now I have a ticket on hold through AA from DFW to Columbus arriving at 11:55AM on Friday and leaving at 7:00PM on Sunday. Does anyone know what time the Qual. race is on Friday? I checked the championship website but couldn't find a schedule. Also, what time is the championship race expected to finish on Sunday? We want to make sure we make it back to the airport in time for the flight.

Thanks for any suggestions, hopefully we'll make it up there!!
    Cool ... 2 more spotters for the Texas Racing crew.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    my wife is thinking of taking a thursday flight up w/ my two girls and my mom.
    $240 per ticket is what we saw.
    I was pretty excited today when I saw the price from AA, $228. I am going to talk with Marshall tonight and see what he thinks about the Thursday night flight (leaving at 5:30 I think) and see what we can swing. There is no way I can pass up getting to watch Nationals and only having to take 1-day off.

I'll keep everyone posted, thanks for the input!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    If you rent a car and drive yourself to and from the airport, you can make a 7:00 flight Sunday night. You will probably miss a bit of the fun, though, especially if things are running late.

If you are riding with a racer and need to be packed up before you can leave the track, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to make it. I flew out Monday morning last year.

I would also recomend going together with other spectators to rent a golf cart. You will miss out on a lot of good viewing action without good mobility.

I'm thinking of going again this year but I don't know if it will happen.

Richard P.

Scott will be sure to be going, for his Graduation from HS, we are giving him a SkipBaber school for the week....(Dad has to go to hehehe) the Mazda race one, hopefully prior th Nationals want to get lic'ed in SCCA and have some fun!
    If there is any pony up fees prior for parking etc just leave me a # and I'll send a company check
    Skip

In case you havent seen it (http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=100414#100414) I am now the CMC series director for the NASA Championship weekend. Todd will be the CMC race director, while Socal's Peder Beckman and NASA National's John Lindsey will be the AI race and series directors respectively.

As of 6/14 there are 14 CMC, 18 AI, and 6 AIX car registered. Get on it!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar

Working the details

It's time for me get off of my ass and work the fine details of my trip to Nationals. If there was a big planning meeting at the TWS event I missed it.

I'm basically looking for a ride to and from the airport. Renting a car would annihilate my budget for this little endeavor.

Last year Adam picked me up at the airport on Wednesday. That turned out to be a bit silly since I was on the same airplane as someone who was renting a car and traveling to the track by himself. Is there anyone who is already going to be at the airport on Wednesday evening or Thursday late morning/early afternoon that has some room?

For getting home, last year Adam dropped me off at a hotel near the airport and I flew home Monday morning. This year, I would really like to go home Sunday evening if possible (and I don’t want to pay for a hotel). The latest flight out of Columbus I can find for a decent rate is at 6:08 pm. That leaves plenty of time for a non-racer to get to the airport from the track even if the schedule is running behind. It’s unfortunately not enough time for a racer to get packed up after the very time consuming celebration of an all Texas podium. Any non-racers headed out Sunday afternoon that have some room?

Thanks for any help,
    Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Holly is flying up and renting a car... I don't know the details, but I will ask her to forward them to me so I can see anything will work.

DD