David, excellent data points. However, the "heavy pig" scenario was tossed out that 3200lbs should be the cutoff earlier in another thread. I say 3400# would be fine but what it sounds like is that the guys bringing S197's and CTSV's to the track are just being lazy about removing weight from the cars because the motors put out too much power. So instead of removing weight and detuning the motor, they want bigger brakes...fine, just don't let a 2700 lb AI car run them. I think the higher min weight to run 18" and 14" brakes is an acceptable solution as a start that might need further modification once it is implemented and tested for a few races. Keep in mind though that Dave Capps' 05 with a 351 in it only weighed like 3200 lbs at the last event he ran! Irwin's car was much heavier because he was making nearly 400 ft/lbs of torque!

Also, as stated on the national forum, there is a 14" brake package that will work in a 17" wheel...just not an off the shelf package for the newer cars.

I am glad to see the responses over there and JWL to recognize it's not what the series wants.