Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford E4OD 95 F-350

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    DD-Please check with the local BBB to verify that Ed's is in good standing. I owned an Aamco Transmissions here in Fort Worth and did hear about them from time to time. To my knowledge they were known as a pretty low price exchange place. I can call my old parts guys to see if they have any comments. One thing is they won't have a nationwide warranty and in my experience the majority of the local shops didn't stand behind their work. Local shops were notorious for claiming that the part that failed wasn't replaced and wasn't under warranty.

Glenn just had his 4l80E rebuilt and I suggested he talk to the Aamco I owned and a specialty shop I had talked to here that does alot of LS1/4l60E stuff called Ace Racing Transmissions.
    I would suggest checking some ford truck forums for a specialty shop if thats what you want. Jerry Jordan may know something since he ran a Lightning for a long time.
    The best reason to use a Ford dealer is the warranty and the number of locations. However I used several GM/Ford remans when I had a bad builder and had several problems with the units but they would just send another unit.

Let me know if I can help more and sorry to hear about the bad luck.
    Bryan

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the best Ford auto trans guy in the business. He worked for Ford building them for years and at one time had a nationwide network. Every 9 or 10 second Lightning I knew of a few years ago had a Factory Tech Box in it.

www.factorytechtransmissions.com

JJ

Way to go Dave...if you cant break your car on the track, break your tow truck on the way home? :lol: :wink: Hopefully with a few upgrades your tranny woes will be a thing of the past.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Way to go Dave...if you cant break your car on the track, break your tow truck on the way home? :lol: :wink: Hopefully with a few upgrades your tranny woes will be a thing of the past.
    Actually, he broke the car tranny in race 3 too... David is just hard on equipment!!! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    he's been hanging out w/ the Cory cat too much.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I hate Corey...

But his parents are the coolest... way cool of them to put me up in their house while I get the truck fixed.

I have RC cars to play with (5 of them), slot car track in the basement, pool table, fussball table, media room with plasma tv, wireless internet, ... my own kitchen in the basement full of beer...

We have our ideas on what is going on with the T5's in the racecar, and it might be a clutch problem this time, I won't know till I pull the tranny, but the truck is just dumb bad luck, ...and I blame Corey...

The truck was picked up this morning, should be done late Thursday maybe Friday.

DD 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Sounds like a resort. :lol: