Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PST
PFC- PFC is extremely keen to produce a AI and CMC-2 brake kits. These will be complete with the smooth face rotor and a forged monobloc caliper. The price will be near $2400/axle. I need to gauge interest...AJ

The recently released CMC rules limit the calipers to $600 each. I'm not smart enough to know what that actually means in the real world where people buy "kits" but I'm guessing at $2400 an axle, this kit wouldn't fly. If it did, I'm guessing the market would be really small.

For AI, I would pay the price premium (if I had money, which I don't) over say a StopTech kit if it was a comparable level kit without the track deficiencies from the StopTech being a streetable setup. For many people, though, it might be a hard sell and again a pretty small market.

Richard P.
Thanks Richard,
I was unaware of the cost rule. If it only pertains to calipers then I believe that I can come in under the rule. These new PFC calipers are being done in such massive quantities that they can offer a 4-piston 2-peice caliper for $513.97-Retail (Still Made-in-the-USA!!). This is a race caliper that will be non dust booted and extremely stiff. I was talking with the big whigs at PFC today and the $2400 number was thrown out. So, that will be the price ceiling. The idea is to give you guys a reason to not upgrade to a StopTech or Wilwood setup... There can be zoomier systems built for AI and beyond. The tirst step is getting PFC to produce a caliper bracket and rotor hat. Then the rest is plug and play!

The question is do you spend money for upgraded brake system components or continue to spend money replacing factory type adaptations? If there is a need, desire, and market, I can get it done, manufacturers are looking for projects.