Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
Thankfully your Driving talent exceeds your photography skills!!

Rocker looks like the top of the valve either "compressed" and left, the retainer bent or the valve is walking side to side in the guide and the rocker was moving around as the valve floated...

If the valve stem is moving horizontally due to a bad guide, you would have serious oil problems in that cylinder as the valve stem seal would be incapable of dealing with that much horizontal movement....

I would suggest new valve guides, a valve job that is legal and all new valve springs and retainers. Sounds like you are getting into an engine that has needed a lot of TLC for quite some time! :cry:

edit: figured out the pictures were a LOT larger than my phone could see!
I don't know why the pics posted up so large. The valve guides look and feel fine. I guess this rocker arm could have been screwed up from another install but this was the hole that was getting oil in it. The rocker arm is fine everywhere except where it's chewed up on the sides. The roller is still free and feels good. I agree we were lucky to finish every race last season. What do you mean a legal valve job? Is there any other kind?

JJ