Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What is up with this???? (Toyo Announcement)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    But I agree, Mason. Make a freaking decision and stick with it. Doesn't mean I like it, but I like waffling less.
    This is my only complaint.... I will be racing and happy to be there.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    I predict an 888 sweep at TWS with White, Proctor & Wirtz showing folks how it's done. ops:
    No way.....especially not me.

At the same time, it was announced that in CMC, all of 2009 would be used as a transition year. Then late last year it was Jan 1 and then it was 3rd race weekend and now back to the original notice.
    I wasn't aware of the change in CMC, thanks for the info, Mitch. I guess it was AI only that was given ample notice.

Let's sit down this weekend at apex if you are in town and look over the data from the last test session. I am sure we can find a way around these R888's...you are just going to have to find a way around me! Wink
    I'll be at APEX. I'm pretty happy with where we are in "figuring out" the R888's and we have a set of good RA-1's, so don't get too coy. Let's see what the tire rules will be for Nationals.
    Mason
    AI75

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    For me, the 2 folks that were most affected by this latest announcement were Randy English who was in line to purchase my stock pile of RA1s. We talked last night and he was disappointed but understood.

Unfortunately, AJ at PST was a little more peeved.

Many of us had asked for R888s and he ordered them on our word that we would buy them. Now he has a bay full 888s and no one wants them. I imagine from this point forward we will all have to pay in advance.

PST was very accommodating to us, providing a service based on more than the almighty dollar.

I doubt PST is the only merchant getting boned like this. It's especially tough in an economy like this. It would be like me ordering a bunch metal work from Jerry over the phone, Jerry buys all the materials to fill the order and then I change my mind because an ordinance change requires me to create what I need from wood now.

Jerry is now stuck with a 30 day call on the material he ordered. Businesses can't afford that hit today.

I hope, I honestly hope that NASA and Toyo realize that just because they are at the top of this food chain, jerking the rules around like this hurts, not only the racers but those that support us.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Both RA1's and 888's at Nationals... That is what I was told...

DD

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I would man up to my commitment and still buy the tires I ordered.

I agree verbatim with what Mason said above.
    I'm all in on 8's.
    I'm no longer considering the Nat's.
    jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's possible that as Mason said "maybe the R888 is a failure". If that is true we may never really go to the 888 or maybe they fix it's issues? What happens to the people stuck with the already purchased R888's? Nothing would shock me at this point about this tire or Toyo. John thought I should get the 888's instead of the RA1's and learn them but with all the waffling what if the 888 goes away? I asked AJ at the last race if he had an extra set of triple eights and he said he did. I'm glad I did not have him order a set for me or like Jeff said I would owe it to him to take them off his hands.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    I think it's possible that as Mason said "maybe the R888 is a failure". If that is true we may never really go to the 888 or maybe they fix it's issues? What happens to the people stuck with the already purchased R888's? Nothing would shock me at this point about this tire or Toyo. John thought I should get the 888's instead of the RA1's and learn them but with all the waffling what if the 888 goes away? I asked AJ at the last race if he had an extra set of triple eights and he said he did. I'm glad I did not have him order a set for me or like Jeff said I would owe it to him to take them off his hands.

JJ
    You guys need to read Tommy's post on the national AI board today....he bought $30k in 888's for the RM regional supply and I think he's PISSED!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    At this point, I think it's probably best to ignore all the rhetoric, emotions & complaining and do whatever's best FOR THE SERIES.

We'll see what Monday morning brings....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    At this point, I think it's probably best to ignore all the rhetoric, emotions & complaining and do whatever's best FOR THE SERIES.

We'll see what Monday morning brings....
    Todd "the Tool" Covini :roll:

If the series would listen to the customers, then both will prosper.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.